This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

There is nothing I love more than Charleston, South Carolina. I love every aspect of it whether it is a rainy day and I swimming back home from class or walking down King Street in the humid heat. Yeah… some things aren’t amazing, but I desire to romanticize all of it – which proves I am in my Victorian Era.

The Victorian Era is a concept developed by one of the newest and upcoming influencer, Victoria Paris. She is a NYC based influencer who rose to fame during quarantine. She started on TikTok (@victoriaparis) and now is on Instagram and other platforms as (@victoriaparis). On all her social media platforms her Bio is “the only girl living in nyc”. I honestly think this is an amazing bio as she truly acts like she is the only girl living there. Some may say that is a selfish act, but I think it is an act of self love. Victoria Paris is very similar to Emma Chamberlain, the youtuber, with her content. Both of these creators take the viewer into every aspect of their life whether it is getting dressed or buying groceries. Victoria Paris is truly herself on the internet. She is her most authentic self and absolutely loves her city which is something I would like to do. Now I am going to introduce the concepts that are believed to be apart of The Victorian Era and how I will use them here in Charleston.

• Shamelessly loving my city. Honestly, Charleston is the most amazing place to live especially at my age. There is so much live music, good eats, and great bars to attend. There is also an amazing community here- it is so easy to find your group of people as long as you put yourself out there! There are so many great events that happen in Charleston including Second Sunday, Spoleto, or even SEWE. There is something for every person and I want to show that to the world. I want to romanticize Charleston. I want to take pictures from the top of every garage or rooftop and show off this beautiful city, just like Victoria does with New York City.
  • Blocking Everyone. Victoria Paris is the queen of blocking someone. She will block you for a rude comment or something she just does not agree with. Personally, I LOVE this. My friends already get on me for blocking people, and sometimes I feel wrong about it- but Victoria shows me I shouldn’t. There is nothing wrong with excluding certain energies from your life, always remember that.
  • Supporting Local. Victoria Paris may have collaborations with Anthropology and other companies, but she is also consistently supporting local businesses . Since High School, I have been an advocate to shopping local but haven’t kept that up as much in college. I am sorry, I didn’t have a Trader Joes where I lived! I want to go back to that place where I study my local options. Instead of going to Starbucks to get my coffee, I will go to Harken Cafe. If I am having a sweet tooth, I might go grab a cupcake from Sugar Bakeshop. I can even buy my groceries local at the Veggie Bin. Also there are so many local stores and galleries to shop all down King Street.
  • Acts of Service. Yes, Victoria Paris is an Influencer who glorifies NYC, but she also gives back to the city. When Victoria hit 1 million followers on TikTok, instead of celebrating with a fancy trip or party – she gave back. She partnered with Bowery Mission Soup Kitchen as a volunteer and also asked her followers to donate. She also recently started fostering a dog for Waldo Rescue. She also is known to run marathons for causes. I think this makes her a great role model for girls my age or younger. There are many volunteer opportunities in Charleston including Beach Clean ups through school clubs, The Ronald McDonald House, and Girls on the Run. Here is a link to a website to best help you find volunteer opportunities in the area! https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/orgs.jsp?r=20.0&aff=&l=Charleston%2C+SC%2C+USA&o=distance
  • Being Hot. The confidence Victoria Paris displays is on a different level. She is confidence in her body, who she is, and what she wants to do. She is honestly the definition of a Hot Girl. This is something I really want to work on this year with confidence within myself and body. It is very important to be hot these days! I can do this by taking gratitude walks around The Battery to reflect on who I am and who I want to be.
  • Authenticity. One of my most favorite things about Victoria Paris is her Authenticity. She explains how she is from a smaller town in North Carolina (ME TOO!) and how she grew out of her hometown. This is a difficult transition to anyone to go through. She also is not afraid to laugh at her past or her mistakes. People constantly clock her for outfit choices or opinions, but she is able to go back and see those things within herself. She is constantly growing and flourishing in NYC and that is something I would like to do in Charleston.

These are the different concepts that create a girls Victorian Era. I think Victoria is a great girl to take pointers from whether it is how she lives or who she is. Be selfishly you! Romanticize your city! Romanticize your life! I want to enter my Victorian Era and be the only girl living in Charleston. So if you see me posting a million pictures of how much I love Charleston, you now know why.

Jaccie is an Arts Management major with a concentration in the Music Industry. Aside from academics, Jaccie is a DJ at the College of Charleston's radio station, CisternYard Radio. Jaccie is passionate about agriculture, music, mental health, comedy, shopping local and self expression. You can find Jaccie walking down king street with an iced coffee in hand or having a study break at the Battery. Jaccie is a Virgo sun, Taurus moon, and Pisces rising.