This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Now that spring has FINALLY sprung here in Charleston, sleeves are getting shorter and hemlines are getting higher. What pieces should you be adding to your closet to keep up with the latest spring trends? I’ve listed a few here.  But don’t worry, I won’t be telling you to buy any more florals.

Midi Skirts

Go to new lengths with midi skirts! They aren’t just for tea with the Queen anymore, and come in a variety of styles. You can rock a fuller skirt for a feminine, preppy look (which Bee from Atlantic Pacific always does perfectly), or choose a printed midi with a loose top for a more bohemian feel! 

Skirt by Tibi

Printed Squared Off Slip Skirt by Free People

Long Cardigans

Since sweater weather is better weather, why not make all weather sweater weather? Now say that five times fast. A few lightweight, ground-grazing cardigans are perfect to throw over your bikini when the sun starts setting but you just can’t leave the beach!

Act of Love Hooded Cardi by Free People

Long Open Cardigan by Ecote

Textured Shorts

You probably already have three pairs of lace shorts from last season, but embellishments and textures are a fun alternative this spring. The best part about this trend is that just a trip to the fabric store and a thrift shop makes a DIY pair easy!

Peace Love Shea Shorts by Guess

Matador ZZ Shorts by One Teaspoon

Fun Tote Bags

With the beach so close by in Charleston, spontaneous trips are bound to happen ! A new tote bag gives you enough room to always have your suit and sunscreen on hand!

Is This Seat Taken? by kate spade

Cast One Carryall by Monserat de Lucca

Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.