This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Sarah Allen

Year: Freshman

Hometown: McLean, Virginia

Major: Undeclared… Maybe Marine Biology? Maybe Elementary Education

Minor: Undeclared

Relationship Status:   Single

What made you choose to come to the College of Charleston?  THE BEACH

What do you miss the most about Virginia?  Fall on the Potomac River

What would be your ideal date? “That’s a tough one! I’d have to say April 25th. Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket!”

How would you describe yourself? Someone who likes to laugh all the time.

How did you choose your major? Well, I love the beach so that’s why I like Marine Biology. I also love working with kids so that’s why I like Elementary Education.

Where would you like to be after college? Traveling all over to places like India, Japan, and Australia.

What has been your favorite class thus far? Espanol!

What is a normal day like for you? Wake up 10 minutes before class, run to class, get all my work done in the day, explore Charleston or tan in Marion Square, then hang out with my friends!

What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends? SLEEP!

Who is your celebrity idol/inspiration? BLAKE LIVELY. No question.

What do you look for in a guy? A sense of humor and that he’s easy going.

What is one thing that really bothers you about guys? That they smell sometimes. Like HELLO, take a SHOWER!

What is your favorite thing about southern gentlemen? Their accents. It gets me every time.

What is your favorite fall activity? Playing football!

What are you going to be for Halloween? I’m currently online trying to figure out a creative yet cute idea!

Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.