This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Now that November is on the way, lots of writers are preparing for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). These are several resources that have helped me while writing for NaNoWriMo. So here are some great online resources for fellow writers.

Websites:

Notebook.ai

Notebook.ai allows you to “create” character sheets, countries, places, and things. Then sort them into different worlds for more organization. 

World Anvil

Similar to Notebook.ai, but World Anvil has many more specific categories and you create mini articles for each subject. There is also a YouTube channel dedicated to explaining exactly how the website works. 

Blogs:

Helping Writers Become Writers 

A writing blog with lots of articles on writing.

Bryan Donavan

A writing blog with lots of articles about writing, writing resources, writing prompts, publishing information, and general writing tips. 

Well-Storied

A writing blog with different types of writing articles. 

Resources:

Name Generators 

A website dedicated to name generators of all types. This also includes location name generators, village or town names, weapons names, country names or any type of name possible. This site is super useful while writing and you need a name quickly. 

Hemingway Editor 

A website where you simply copy and paste your writing, then the website shows issues with the writing. This is nice for quick edits rather than large scale changes.

For those attempting NaNoWriMo, it may seem really intimidating. But all writers have a story that deserves to be told, and these resources can help you on your journey to get it out of your head and onto the page!

Audrey Ross

C of C '23

Audrey Ross has lived in three different states and currently lives in Charleston, South Carolina. She a junior at the College of Charleston and is double majoring in Studio Art and Arts Management. She has participated in National Novel Writing Month for eight years and has written 4 novels. She is currently working on finishing a manuscript to submit for publishing. Her interests include sketching, painting, reading, history, fashion history, sewing, and writing.