This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

The crisp fall air, the falling leaves, and the anticipation of the holiday season. Walking to class you put your headphones in and all you want is to listen to some songs that encapsulate this exact feeling. Look no more here are my go-to fall songs….

1. ALL TOO WELL (Taylor’s Version) by Taylor Swift 

Truly a staple. It will forever be engrained in my brain, November 2021, when this was rereleased and it was 10 minutes long. Driving to my high school at 6:30 a.m. listening as I contemplate all my life decisions. I can feel the cool weather approaching when this song is playing. It’s a must-have. 

1. Coffee by Miguel 

The R&B genre is hugely underrated especially when it comes to seasonal playlists. This song is currently one of my favorites bringing out the hopeless romantic in me. 

1. Ever Since New York by Harry Styles

This list would be practically invalid if I didn’t put Harry Styles on it. While I may be biased due to my love for this man. This song imparticular puts you right in the middle of New York City streets watching the fall leaves drop. 

1. Stick Season by Noah Kahan 

This song just has that perfect folky vibe. I can’t think of a better genre for the fall weather. The acoustic guitar being the sole instrument puts you right in the good feels. 

1. Lady May Tyler Childers 

Now, even if you are not a country fan. I would still highly recommend this song. Tyler Childers is the perfect mix of folk and country. I immediately feel that I am sitting at a bonfire on a Friday night. 

1. Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers 

Something about the fall time makes me feel like I’m in a 2003 high school tv drama series. Entering my One Tree Hill era with low-rise jeans and a long sleeve shirt with a cami tank top underneath. This song is from the 90s alternative genre and fits the fall aesthetic perfectly. 

1. Cherry Wine by Hozier 

Hozier just has my full heart. This song especially is just utterly beautiful. If you haven’t heard it you need to listen. 

1. ARE WE STILL FRIENDS by Tyler, The Creator 

This is a personal choice for me because I discovered this song last year during the fall when I was digging into Tyler, The Creator’s music. The fall time in general has a very nostalgic vibe to me and so does this song. 

1. doomsday by Lizzy McAlpine 

Underrated anthem. Lizzy McAlpine reminds me a lot of Phoebe Bridgers. This entire album is spectacular but this song in imparticular reminds me of colder weather. 

1. Dark Red by Steve Lacy 

A Steve Lacy classic. My final song recommendation and it’s a perfect one if I do say so myself. This song brings out my hopeless romantic while I’m walking around in my sweater. What more could a person want? 

Hi! I am Madison Boone and I'm from Charlotte North Carolina. I am currently a freshman and I am majoring in International Business with a minor in International Studies.