This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Lauren’s positive attitude and outgoing personality draw everyone to her, which is what caused me to want to talk to her more.  I’m so glad I did, and I hope you enjoy getting to know College of Charleston Sophomore and member of Phi Mu, Lauren!

Name: Lauren Langston

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Public Health or Elementary Education

Hometown: Charleston, SC

What are you involved with on campus?

I’m a member of Phi Mu, attend Journey worship services and I swim recreationally off campus.

What are three things we should know about you?

I have an unhealthy obsession with mashed potatoes. I love riding my bike, which I have named Daphne because it’s purple and green like in Scooby Doo, around Charleston. I have a serious adoration for mermaids, and I’ve loved them since I was a little kid.  

What are some of your favorite memories here at CofC?

One night when I was at my friends apartment, we were all sitting around. It was the day before my birthday, and everyone was coming in and out. We were waiting for it to turn midnight, and they all freaked out when it turned midnight. It was a great thing.

Also, at the beginning of the school year I had a great moment with my sorority sister. I had walked down to the Battery and I saw my sorority sister over by King Street. My sister freaked out and ran over and hugged me. It was just the most reassuring moment of our friendship. Just a sweet and fun moment.

What are three things you can’t live without?

I couldn’t live without the support of my family and friends, a good book to read and mashed potatoes.

In your opinion, what’s the best place to study around campus?

I have a lowkey obsession with the Math and Science building or in the Business Center because they aren’t as busy during finals. 

What’s one quote you like to live by? 

“To engender empathy and create a world using only words is the closest thing was have to magic.” –LMM

Who have you looked up to the most in college? 

In college and in life, I’ve looked up to my brother. I aspire to be able to handle things the way he does. He’s so unapologetically himself that it’s poetic and inspirational. No matter what stresses him out, he can get through it so bravely. He makes me want to be a better person. 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Amsterdam or New York.  New York is always a good idea. 

SaveSaveSaveSave

A future historian who has a love of all things pink, a serious coffee addiction, and a passion to spread self-love.