Life and Love As Told By Game of Thrones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

As the semester comes to a close, we may be finding ourselves overwhelmed with papers, projects and studying. Cry no more! The 5th season of Game of Thrones has kicked off, giving us all an excuse to put down the books and chill out for a bit. In honor of the new season, here are ten of the best quotes, and fan art, relating to life and love, so that we may carry them with us through our day to day struggles.

1. “A woman’s life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you’ll learn that soon enough…and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.” -Cersei Lannister

2. “He who hurries through life hurries to his grave.” -Salladhor Saan

3. “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” Tyrion Lannister 

4. “Fear cuts deeper than swords.” -Syrio

5. “What is honor compared to a woman’s love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms … or the memory of a brother’s smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.” – Aemon Targaryen 

6. “You’re mine, and I am yours, and if we die, we die, but first, we’ll live.” -Ygritte

7. “There is only one God, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today.” -Syrio

8. “A bruise is a lesson, and each lesson makes us better.” -Arya Stark

9. “I will not be a page in someone else’s history book.” -Stannis Baratheon

10. “A mind needs a book as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” Tyrion Lannister