halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020

Halloween Costumes I Expect To See This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

The leaves are changing colors, pumpkin spice is back on the menu, the Freeform channel is playing back to back scary movies…yes it is that time of year again where Halloween is just around the corner. Halloween is my all time favorite holiday and one of the best parts of it is getting to dress up as whatever you want and seeing what other people go as. So I have compiled a list of some Halloween costumes from sexy to funny that I expect to see hit the streets this year.

Elvis and Priscilla Presley

I am going to be completely honest, I never saw the new Elvis movie that came out (mostly because in real life Elvis was a weird dude who had a thing for underage girls) but I heard the craze for the film and for actor Austin Butler. Honestly these costumes are kinda cute. Sure the Elvis costume is probably gonna make you look cosplaying as your dad in your college years or in a low-budget production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat but the idea is there. Honestly the Priscilla costume is cute, recognizable, and something you could pull together relatively easily (just a leather skirt and some fun eye makeup). Definitely not the most original costume, but definitely not the worst either.

The try guys

This one kinda hurts (thanks to my Buzzfeed 2012 era) but is also super funny. What was once a four person costume is now a three person costume (unless you dress the fourth up as a walking red flag) and would serve as a funny modern-media costume that would have most of the older generations scratching their heads. As long as you realize Ned is a piece of trash that deserved to be removed from the company due to his illegal scandal, also anything is better than that SNL skit.

The little mermaid

I am actually really excited for this one. I remember being a little biracial baby and wanting to dress up as a princess and wear a fun dress but not really looking like any of them so I am very glad that with the new live action film coming out starring Halle Bailey will give some young African American girls a cute and fun costume that represents them. Honestly this one is just plain cute and I am so excited to see so many POC Ariels running around on Halloween night!

Mei Lee (From Turning Red)

Another win for diversity! This movie is actually so cute and you could go as a lot of options from regular Mei (pop on a pink cardigan and a tamagotchi), to half-panda Mei (complete with ears and tail), to full panda Mei (bring out the crafting supplies for this one), any one of these costumes would be super cute. Also lots of group options such as Mei and her three besties or the band 4-Town.

Taylor swift eras

Mostly inspired by all the “Come Dressed As Your Fav Taylor Era” parties I see on TikTok, but with the release of her new album Midnights coming up I expect to see of these. Most of these eras would be pretty simple and just take a trip to a thrift store (or your closet) and an arts and crafts session. This would be a great group costume idea to partner with a couple of your besties and each represent your favorite album.

Eddie Munson

You all knew that he was gonna be on here. Only one thing was stronger than the Stranger Things Season 4 craze this summer, and that was the Eddie Munson craze. This long haired dungeon master has been White Boy of The Month for the past five months and I expect it will spike up again during the Halloween season. If not full Eddie, expect to see AT LEAST six Hellfire Club shirts on the streets and hear the “Chrissy Wake Up” TikTok sound a dozen more times.

College of Charleston Class of 2026. Communications Major and Creative Writing Minor. Feminist and LGBTQ+ Activist. Lover of Musicals, Old Bookstores, and Cheesy Horror Movies.