This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

This week’s Cutie, David Sanchez, didn’t have to travel far to find his home away from home. A Charleston native, David decided to follow his mother’s footsteps and attend the College of Charleston.  When he’s not hitting the books, this Biology major and Neuroscience minor enjoys tumbling, playing guitar and piano, singing and dancing.  On the weekends, you can find David hanging out with his friends and family, jamming out to EDM (electronic dance music) or devouring his favorite Colombian soup, Sancocho. David, a city guy at heart, has a unique style similar to the looks seen on King Street in Urban Outfitters. David’s style is not the only quality that makes him stand out. His lighthearted, open and friendly attitude radiates throughout any room, and Her Campus was thrilled for David to give us a glimpse into his electrifying, non-stop life.  

HC: How do you usually spend your Summer Vacations?

Sanchez: I usually volunteer at a camp called J.O.Y. School Up in Pawleys Island with my brother, cousin, and friends I’ve made in Pawleys. Other than that, I just chill with friends and try not to get into too much trouble . . . 

What would you say you miss most about high school?

The uniforms . . . not! Um, I would have to say the fact that everyone knows everyone.

What is your idea of a perfect date?

Having a blast! Has to make me laugh. I love walking downtown.

What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done in front of a crush?

Nothing. I’m perfect. Haha, just joking! Once, I was tumbling and failed miserably. I almost landed on my face.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

New York City, or Rio de Janeiro.

What do you think is your best quality?

I get along with pretty much anyone.

What do you think is the most important aspect of a healthy relationship?

Laughter.

How would you describe your childhood?

Golden. I miss it. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Hopefully making a difference in the world doing what I love to do. Helping people get along and love one another. 

She had a cocktail in her hand and confetti in her hair.
Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.