Crystals and Essential Oils are My Secret to Happiness this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Most people seem to categorize me as a hippie when i begin to tell them about my lifestyle. I’m a goop girl. I love reading Gwyneth Paltrow newsletter every week to soak in some new holistic wellness tips on the weekly. To some, it’s gimmicky, to me; it’s a lifestyle.

Listen to your hippie mom when she says to use essential oils

I trying to follow a mostly holistic lifestyle. I am a stereotypical hippie gal, i’m vegan, i do yoga and meditate, i use crystals and tarot cards, and I love myself some essential oils. I wasn’t always this way tho. After slowly adopting this type of lifestyle, I’ve rounded up by biggest tips for creating your own natural holistic wellness lifestyle.

Growing up I can vividly remember my mom rubbing eucalyptus on my chest when I felt congested so I could open up my airways. She would drop lavender into my bathtub to help me relax during my nighttine routine. These sort of habits stuck with me. Now, I incoorpoarte essential oils into my life every single day. I use lemon in my diffuser to make my bathroom smell clean, and I use frankincense in my lotion to help support my immune system and brighten my skin.

affirmations can go a long way

I’m not gonna lie to you and act like I doing affirmations every morning. In fact, I do it probably only twice a week. However, on those days I do chose to actively pull out my journal and write down some mantras to live my day by, I can see a huge difference in the quality of my life. Simply writing down something like, “I am beautiful” 3 times can truly shift my perspective on my self image.

Go ahead and collect some Crystals

I have loved crystals for as long as I can remember. I was seven years old reading about magik and how crystals play a huge role into it. Crystals are crazy little structures that hold different energies and powers. Wether you believe in that or not, they’re beautiful. And if something brings you joy and is a great outlet, you might as well invest in it! I keep a piece of labrodorite by my bedside to help me have more spiritual dreams and I keep rose quartz on me at all times to protect and amplify my self love.

Connect with the sky

Most mornings I spend around 10 minutes of silence sitting outside admiring the sky and the nature around me. I use this time to connect with my higher power. I clear the energy by lighting some incesne and then I thank the universe for my life, my home, my family, my friends and any new experience I felt benefit from recently. I then ask for protection against negative energy and thank the universe for all it has done for me. This time spent outside is also a great way to soak in some vitamin D which most of us could definetly use, especially in the colder months. This simple ten minutes I spend outside helps create a great peaceful mindset to start my day.

Hey I'm liv! I am a micro-influencer and I love all things fashion, beauty, skincare and wellness!