Cornell Holland ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Cornell Holland

Year: Freshman

Hometown: London, England

Activities involved with on campus: I came to Charleston to play on the soccer team, so I spend most of my time focusing on that.

Favorite Movie: Crash.

Favorite Store: All Saints for sure, even though I don’t own that much stuff.  I didn’t know you guys had it in the States.

Favorite Food: Jumbo Shrimp.

General Interests: Politics, both American and British.  I also like to read.  I just read the same book about the Middle East three times. I also enjoy music, film, and hanging out with my friends.

Where are you most likely to be found on campus: City Bistro, TD Arena, or the Library.

Current Relationship Status: It’s complicated.

Biggest Turn off: I hate when girls have a short attention span, it’s the most annoying thing when a girl can’t just sit down and watch a movie; also, bad hygiene, lack of social awareness or when girls are overly sensitive.

Biggest Turn on: I love a girl that is open minded, straight forward, well read, athletic and has a good sense of humor.

What is your ideal date: I would like to take a girl to the movies, then go to dinner, then go somewhere else for dessert and then finish the night off with a walk.

Three words to describe yourself: Inquisitive, hungry, driven.

Where do you see yourself senior year: In good steed to continue my soccer career.

Fun Fact: I love the rain.

Maura Lonergan is currently a Freshman at the College of Charleston. Born in Singapore and then living in Hong Kong, she loves to travel and is looking forward to going abroad. She is a student athlete majoring in Business. Her work background consists of summers coaching sailing, and two movie marketing internships with MTV and Paramount Pictures. Her love of creative writing and being involved with such a great company lead Maura to be a Her Campus High School Ambassador, and she is excited to continue to work with Her Campus throughout her college experience!