This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Growing up with a twin sister was the best of times. We doubled as sisters and each other’s best friend. The bond you have with your twin is a bond like no other. All our lives we attended the same elementary school, middle school, and high school. We even had a few of the same classes in some years.

When it came time to apply and look into colleges, everyone wondered if we would separate or end up at the same place. As fate would have it, we both fell in love with separate colleges and decided it was best to create our own identity without each other. No longer would we be known as “the Knockemus twins” at school. This was the first time we would be apart for this long, ever.

We had our first day of classes, first college laughs, first college breakdowns, and the list continues without each other. Being apart has really, truly, honestly made me realize how much I appreciate having someone like her in my life. But being apart didn’t mean we still weren’t together. We still Snapchat each other for outfit advice, call over boy drama, and FaceTime while giving each other dorm or apartment tours. We just learned how to grow as individuals, yet still be there for each other.

Going into year three as juniors does not get any easier being apart. I don’t think there will ever be a time where I will stop missing her, but our hearts will always be together. 

Hey Y'all! I am a sophomore majoring in elementary education. When I'm not in class you can find me at a local coffee shop, eating ice cream, or walking around Charleston.