This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Alex Henderson! Currently in his last year at C of C, it would be difficult to find someone more passionate about the school. He’s an active Charleston 40 tour guide, and an assistant in the Admissions office. He’s also involved in Greek Life and is a founding member of the new student organization, Committed to Charleston. This overachiever took time out of his busy senior year schedule to answer my questions and tell us a little bit about himself.

Year: Senior

Major: History

Hometown: Woodbridge, VA

What made you choose CofC?

The location.  Charleston is such an awesome place… I couldn’t resist spending four years here!

What’s your favorite thing about Charleston?

The people. Everyone is so welcoming and helpful, they make Charleston the great place it is.

Where’s your favorite place to go to eat downtown?

Not to get too fancy, but I think Macintosh is the best place in town, I’ve never had a bad meal there.

What are your plans for when you graduate in May?

I’m not really sure, I am currently applying to Teach for America, as well as graduate programs in Student Affairs.

What confuses you the most about girls?

Why do they always go to the bathroom in packs? Are you afraid to fall in?

What’s your favorite thing about being in a relationship/being a part of Alex Squared? (Alex is happily taken by a fellow tour guide whose name, ironically enough, is Alex too.)

The best part of a relationship is definitely always having someone there to talk to, and always having someone to challenge and push you to be better. The best part about dating another person named Alex? Probably people’s faces when I tell stories, and they try to figure out if I’m talking about her, or myself in 3rd person.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Working in student affairs or admissions on a college campus, with a wife…
and possibly children.

Lastly: What advice would you give to freshmen here at CofC that you wish you had known?

Get involved, try something new, and have fun! These four years fly by – don’t have any regrets.

Lindsey is currently a senior at the College of Charleston in South Carolina, originally from New England and New Jersey. She is a Marketing major with a minor in Communications. Her dream is to somehow work within the entertainment/fashion industry, whether it's writing, advertising, PR, supervising, etc. Other than acting as president of HerCampus CofC, she is also a campus tour guide, a VP on Panhellenic Council, a member of Delta Gamma, and a founding member of Committed to Charleston, among other things. She loves keeping busy and couldn't imagine it any other way.
Camilla States is a member of the class of 2015 at The College of Charleston.  She hails from the seaside town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, where she enjoys spending her summers on both land and sea.  A Communications major also pursuing a minor in Political Science, Camilla aspires for a future career in broadcast or print journalism. She is also studying Modern Standard Arabic, with hopes of one day becoming proficient in the language. From a young age, Camilla has held a fascination for world geography and foreign cultures.  She hopes to someday traverse the world, from New England to New Zealand and everywhere in between.