6 Reasons Why We Love The Walking Dead Season 6

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

There’s no denying that The Walking Dead is one of TV’s most popular shows. Whether you’ve been a fan since season 1 or just recently decided to binge the whole series on Netflix, we’re willing to bet that you’re 100% hooked. Lucky for us, season 6 of TWD has not disappointed. Here are our top 6 reasons why we’ve loved the season so far, and why we can’t wait to see what’s coming next.

*Warning: Spoilers ahead!*

1. The Wolves The Wolves were a major concern coming into this season, and their ambush in “JSS” provided a very brutal introduction to this psychotic group. But are the Wolves gone for good? Probably not. 

2. Glenn Rhee

We could write a novel on all the reasons why we love Glenn. From pizza delivery boy to ultimate post-apocalyptic hero, his character continues to impress us every season. (Btw – the dumpster scene will never be okay. Ever.)

3. “No Way Out”

The mid-season premiere was one of the strongest episodes of the show to date. Daryl plays with fire, Jessie & company are gutted, and Carl loses an eye. 

4. Rick and Daryl’s Bromance

As much as we love the action-packed episodes of TWD, the comical scenes between this pair bring a much-needed lightness after a particularly devastating period on the show. I mean, can we talk about Rick singing along to the music while Daryl rolls his eyes in mock annoyance?! All the feels!!

5. Richonne

As if we were going to leave this recent hookup off the list. A fan favorite ship, we can’t wait to see how this romance plays out. 

6. Negan

Described as the biggest, baddest villain in the show so far, we are certainly looking forward to (and simultaneously dreading) the appearance of Negan by the end of the season. Bonus: The casting of Jeffrey Dean Morgan is just another reason to get excited about another major comic-book character entering the cast.

The Walking Dead airs every Sunday on AMC at 9 pm.

I'm a senior English major with a concentration in Creative Writing at CofC originally from Boston. I'm also a member of the Honors College, Literati, and HSA here at the College. I love libraries, Target, and exploring; and I am way too emotionally invested in fictional characters. I'm currently leaving the love of my life (the ocean) behind to study abroad in London for the semester.