element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Rules for Staying-in on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Not everyone likes to be sucked into the cheesy, chocolate filled day that is Valentine’s. Some people just want to get through the day with minimal exposure to PDA and sappy captions on photos. If you are one of those people, here are 5 rules to follow to get yourself through the day!

1. Don’t Get Sucked into Watching Sappy Romantic Comedies

I’m usually all for a good Rom-Com, but don’t get stuck watching marathons of gushy displays of unrealistic public affection. You can go outside for all that. Instead, I’d go for a nice movie like Kill Bill or American Psycho. But if you must go for something Valentine’s Day related, I recommend My Bloody Valentine.

2. Delivery is KEY

Thank God for whoever came up with delivering food to your house. To avoid the heavy traffic, lines, and all sights of oversized stuffed animals and people lip locked on every corner, I recommend ordering a nice large pizza and/or Chinese food and having it delivered to your humble abode. Feast with no cares of calories or watching eyes as you sit on your couch with no pants. Make sure to tip the deliverer for their bravery to be working on such a day.

3. No Pants, No Problem

Why dress up when you can dress down? While everyone else is stuffing their feet into uncomfortable shoes and putting on pants, you get the luxury of being comfortable. A key point in staying in for Valentine’s Day is sweatpants, hair tied, chillin’ with no makeup on (as Drake put it). Post up on your couch and lose your pants. It feels a lot better than a tight dress and some heels.

4. Stay Off Social Media

The quickest way to overload on Valentine’s Day is via social media. Everybody and their momma is going to posting what their SO got them for this special day and how this day makes them feel more in love than any other day for some reason. Stay off Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.. Youtube isn’t even safe with all the Valentine makeup looks and OOTDs. Just turn your phone off to be on the safe side.

5. Pamper Yourself Like The Queen You Are

Kick up your feet and put on a face mask. Do your nails, read a good book, light a candle, take a bubble bath, listen to some good music, and indulge yourself in some ice cream. Love on yourself, not because it’s Valentine’s Day, but because you deserve it.

Image courtesy of GIF.