Have you ever imagined yourself using one of your semesters of college to travel the world and get credit for doing so? If that thought has never crossed your mind, it will after reading this article. Here are the top 5 places you MUST see while studying abroad in Europe:
1. Amalfi Coast, Italy — Located in the South West region of Italy lies this beautiful coastal region decorated in pastel colors and sandy beaches. Whether you are studying abroad in the fall, summer, or spring, the Amalfi Coast is the perfect destination to relax on the beach and dive into the most amazing Italian food you have ever eaten. What’s better than beaches, Italian food, and wine? Not much in my book.
2. Prague, Czech Republic — Imagine Hogwarts and Narnia put together, and you have the most amazing city. In Prague, Czech Republic, where beer is cheaper than water, you will find a city filled with rich history and amazing architecture. Having studied here for a semester myself, I found that Prague was unlike any other European city when it came to it’s history and culture. The old cobblestone streets, the famous Charles Bridge, and the aesthetically-pleasing John Lennon wall are just some of the details that make Prague a MUST-see place.
3. Paris, France — Picture this: You are sitting underneath the Eiffel Tower with a cheese board and a bottle of wine, watching as the tower sparkles throughout the city. From the Louvre to Musee D’Orsay, you will be impressed by the classic yet elegant range of art work that Paris has to offer. A site to see, there are hundreds of buildings in Paris that are illuminated, making the city of lights a city you will doubtlessly fall in love with.
4. Florence, Italy — Just across the country from the Amalfi Coast lies the beautiful region of Tuscany where the capital is Florence, Italy. As you wander the winding cobblestone streets, finding gelato at every corner, you will notice that this Italian haven is nothing less than a dream. You will find that wine will become your best friend, along with the amazing pasta dishes and pizza that the city has to offer. Climb up the Florence Cathedral, otherwise known as the Duomo, to see the amazing views and fall in love with this quaint and charming Italian city.
5. Interlaken, Switzerland — Last but certainly not least, Interlaken Switzerland is a MUST-see when traveling through Europe. Ever imagined what it would be like to live in a snow globe? Interlaken Switzerland during the the colder months is a winter wonderland filled with various, but equally delightful activities. Whether you skydive over the Swiss Alps or ski down the slopes, your experience here will be anything but boring. Where the chocolate is made fresh, you will find yourself sipping on hot chocolate and staring up at the snow covered mountains. What could be better?!
All 5 of these places capture the varying beauty that the European experience has to offer. My experience while studying abroad was something that I will never forget and I owe that to the places that I traveled and the cultures I was able to see. Take a step outside of your comfort zone and dive into a culture different from your own.
Images courtesy of Pinterest.