This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It’s the middle of the semester and my stress levels are off the charts. Right around this time every year, I start to go a little bit crazy because everyone seems to be settling into a hectic mid-winter slump. There is only one cure for this, my friend, and it’s travel movies.

Every February I start looking up all the random places across the globe that I could possibly move to. Last week, I had fifteen different locations saved on my weather app so I could see if it was snowing in Germany.

Chandler Long Day
Giphy

I have compiled a list of my all-time favorite travel movies that fuel my need to check the weather in Switzerland five times a day. 

Letters to Juliet

This is a classic 2000’s chick flick. Amanda Seyfried leaves for a pre-wedding trip to Italy and adventure ensues. She ends up meeting this grandma who has a long-lost love hidden in Italy’s wine country. I am not even sure if this movie is that good, but it just feeds into my belief that any life problem can be fixed by a trip to Italy.

Eat, Pray, Love

Hey guys, gelato can fix your problems! Julia Roberts has a big fancy New York City job that she quits to travel the world. She eats in Italy, prays in India and falls in love in Bali. Along the way, she meets some fabulous people who tell her to just eat the pizza. She also has like a spiritual awakening or something.

Funny story, last year at three in the morning in my dorm room, the fire detector started beeping so loudly. The ceilings were so high that I had to call (the non-emergency) fire department to change it. While I was waiting, I watched Eat, Pray Love and pretended I was mentally okay.

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Best. Movie. Ever. I will fight anyone who says otherwise. My uncle called me out at Thanksgiving for watching this so much. It really is the weighted blanket of musical movies. Lily James is in England, Paris and then Greece! All while singing ABBA songs and falling in love with three separate dudes. Who wouldn’t want to move to Greece and open a hotel?

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

This one really fuels my deep desire to move to a remote island and join a book club. That’s it.

Bridesmaids gif
Giphy

I hope you enjoyed this list of some of my favorite travel movies. I am truly obsessed, and I think most people in my life should be afraid I’ll buy an inn in New Zealand like Christina Milian in Falling Inn Love, a movie I strategically didn’t list because it is not good. Keep on dreaming about far off lands, gelato and book clubs. So, as they say in England…Bye!

Kathryn Collins is a Sophomore at the College of Charleston this year. She is majoring in arts management with a minor in creative writing. She loves traveling, watching terrible movies, eating brunch and other fancy lady activities. Instagram: @katiecollins_7