This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

You don’t need to be a professional with your own spa to have your own facial massage tools, you just need to know how to use them and find the right ones for your face and skin type. This article dives into ten facial tools that anyone can add to their skincare routine.

1. Gua Sha eJwXD2kZIKeXXXJnTuT4Tm0CaRtGGiD90sN0eleemcuyv0S6azH8XJi1rmoEYGQg9X0c2mlg3WE2 u1zyJZjsHJtGiNbIbNAmyxz25HtLAM0SUSxsLJIHSAyLzvFMGqxnHBOWwsoXJc2MJ9DkBSywoATtCjQ28 spE9Xo1ukKbqIBCAdyivsP2sxkK KGQ

A Gua Sha is safe, gentle, and easy to use on your face and neck. The act of rolling stimulates the lymphatic system, this aids in detoxifying and improving the circulation of the skin tissue. You want to use the gua sha in an upward and outward direction, using light to medium pressure. By going from the inside to outside of your face it lifts your face rather than pulling it down. I prefer to pull these from my mini makeup fridge or the freezer and gently roll them around the eye area and face to de-puff and relieve stress. It’s one of the most effective ways to promote healthier functioning of your skin from the inside out. It can be a bit more complicated than the other tools, but when performed correctly and regularly, the results are life-changing. Gua sha pieces come in all different shapes, sizes, and materials. It’s meant to massage and release tension in the neck and face, while also assisting lymphatic drainage. This is major for depuffing, and with consistent dedication, it can work to prevent breakouts and smooth fine lines.

https://a.co/d/f9OPHH1

2. De-Puffing Rose Quartz Eye Treatment Tool i53f2pd1ZaBA9 fWhT U024iyWl8CS nza289ObieyP SeuJJQ5D3YJyFE hxjWH2 JjWyuBbMzA8CDZd7pB6tCArmg1nrRa1TpjrZBom6n kBuxz2R

Inspired by Chinese acupressure points, this eye massager tool is crafted from rose quartz to inhibit a soothing, cooling effect on the eye area. Eye massagers boost the eye cell metabolism, smooth out wrinkles around the eyes, reduce face sleepiness and puffiness, and soothes the overall skin. The rhythmic vibrations of the eye massager stimulates your nerves, soothes your tired muscles, and helps you to feel calm and composed, improving your overall mood. This is a result of the massager increasing your lymphatic circulation which reduces dark circles and increases the blood circulation to bring fresh oxygen and nutrients to the area. With time and consistency this eventually brightens the skin around the eyes by reducing puffiness and eye bags from awakening and rejuvenating the delicate eye area. After applying your eye serum or eye cream, gently slide the tool across the under eye area: start from the inner corner of the eye to the temple and repeat a few times. You can even gently glide the tool above the eyelid to reduce overall puffiness.

https://www.sephora.com/product/de-puffing-rose-quartz-eye-treatment-tool-P444470?skuId=2231439&icid2=products%20grid:p444470:product

3. Rose Quartz Facial Roller9Ba7MVFykkzRJMERABx FDz6vkTQVfZJ14WewAets FIOOs3ECHHMaRcjrmxBYxuKNLJweDLsAxXKsQHAv0TVDqRpbi3yEFArGpm9NWH F xCkWbSE3nMaaLd0HxSp2Cy37ujfRS6SDiwdh6IxvKGwF5du136ZFHtkzyO0tek JiewgIHNua194iGku4HA

Continuing on the concept of rolling, the rose quartz and jade rollers went viral on social media, especially tik tok for the astonishing results people were seeing on their face. This facial massager has similar effects to a fingertip massage as it activates your lymphatic system – the tissues that help rid your skin of toxins. It accelerates the skin cell renewal process making your entire complexion look healthier by diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Starting at the forehead, apply gentle pressure and begin rolling using upward and outward movements. Personally, I love to use it from the edge of my mouth outward and upward along the bottom of the cheekbone to reduce puffiness and give emphasis to the cheek bone. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/rose-quartz-facial-massager-P439672?skuId=2122166&icid2=products%20grid:p439672:product

4. Facial Cleansing Tool 3WwOzmhYcG5iRYQdS6bvJV8Qo34UZZNpz57Lu4sZfakt688nWdo7aQ7oZBnUg1ri3EdCugeOHAhyE1n364ng01nykHOsXpjP F86yutdkWvElkRrzEpyPf9b9h30 t6v0OoD3naN0jJuZfbToU7wHp52g245w1VW8rtdaJ2 BrnD82xm vasgrNvIk6hLw

In the skin care industry, there is a consistent theme of delicacy. You can not dry brush your face in the same manner you would your body to achieve exfoliation. But you still need to exfoliate your face deeper than just an exfoliator three or four times during the week. That’s why you need a facial cleansing tool. Whether electric or not, these cleansing tools fit right inside the palm of your hand. This way, it’s easy to make delicate but effective circles across your face to exfoliate.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Facial Cleansing Tool

5. Ice Roller DOB ZfZd2KyLgM ZNoYcvcIQ sJ8t48ACZP2Q2N5DzAKY1TgM1FD0WSG WnhNBp6 RIjl4hadI

After Bella Hadid put her face in a bowl of ice, the skincare benefits of ice have captivated social media. An ice roller is a cold roller to massage the face; ice rollers de-puff, reduce redness, and bring more blood to the surface of the skin through massaging. Ice and cold therapy has shown to reduce inflammation for acne, or inflamed, irritated skin. Slowly and gently, roll in back and forth motions over your forehead and temples before rolling over your cheeks, chin, and neck. I roll it in a similar manner to the jade roller, and focus on areas with redness and acne.

Amazon.com: Huefull Ice Roller for Face & Eye Massage, Face Roller for Reducing Puffiness, Pain Relief and Minor Injury(Pink)

6. Electric Jade RolleruImgq70JUopRvye8IACKefA12YLLHHOoQNVR9PFIFd1IUCitIkEyXQBx86bpnGWp JACvY4FY5hiVLIrNplpzJ6oDfT7 5hMkBBrBYu 228n11HGeXPgDIbp LaJUUkYglVE sRJRDK5 zLP9Ij3NmVkw5Rgkh49hXYY5N4JD6HXqiIFwR1Fw9IatPcVeg

Vibrating skincare tools are an outstanding development in the skin care industry. As a result of the vibrations, blood flow is promoted and circulation is boosted allowing nutrient-rich blood and oxygen to be delivered to the skin cells. This provides nourishment and makes the skin cells appear more plump and rejuvenated. While it oxygenates the skin, it also helps take away toxic waste from healthy, functioning skin cells. This promotes healing, which can fade scars from acne and the sun’s harmful UV rays while also clearing up blemishes. These tiny pulses can aid the gentle loosening of stagnant build-up and fluid under our skin that result in puffiness, dullness, and blemishes. This tool moves these through our lymphatic system so they can be disposed of as waste. The action of rolling also helps give a more defined look to our facial contours. 

Amazon.com: 3-IN-1 Electric Jade Roller 3D Roller Facial Roller & Face Massager, Rose Quartz

7. Facial Steamer 

T9rnBTX7jCRt0cTOUK3i1Z2gCHgUpe6HK1Y0jAIYzmN5BHm1ZO0hacUBupIW68o0TnNj7Q07JShHbMgU3MlXciaqjx39Uw8W5P6YxP5ArS8qCRmKNdVNWKwd7Rj3QMVeaUPJ

Although it’s super easy and accessible to steam your face in the shower, facial steamers have become an element of a spa ritual and gives extra attention to your face. To start a facial steaming routine, all you need is hot water, a towel, and at least 5 minutes. When using a facial steamer, you simply fill the device with purified water, press a button and position yourself in front of the steam. The steam opens your pores and eradicates unwanted substances such as excess sebum, the oily substance commonly causing acne. Acne happens when your skin cells trap sebum in your follicles, and this trapping prompts bacteria growth, inflammation, and resulting acne. Facial steaming opens your pores, assisting the release of the sebum and prevents pimples forming. In addition, the heat encourages blood flow which provides the skin with more oxygen. This allows it to appear healthier due to the increased circulation and stimulation of collagen. This produces elasticity of the skin, which helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. While you get moisturizer in your daily skin care routines from facial oils and moisturizers, hydration only comes from water. This hot water provides that perfect source while also assisting the healthy function of your skin.

Amazon.com: Colorfarm Facial Steamer Nano Ionic Hot Mist Face Steamer 7. Home Sauna SPA Face Humidifier Atomizer for Women Men Moisturizing Unclogs Pores Spa Quality    

8. Skin Care Fridge

UB8f2RvqdIuUFqBtOiwT7yDW47 4tYdBIulCL6JKXZgzQBl9xRV0rLor 0Cod8Sup7c5L48m8oavJlx5Wbe aFkwRvj9jI65f1YeDNir buGeOjUoh

We know how cringey it sounds, but Tik Tok has taken over the idea of a skincare fridge. After doing some research, I got my own that fits perfectly on my dorm desk. Ingredients like retinol, benzoyl peroxide, and vitamin C break down when exposed to light or heat. A skincare fridge cools, therefore stabilizing them and prolonging their life. There’s your money’s worth. Putting your eye masks and face masks in the fridge not only protects the ingredients, but it gives your face a cooling sensation in addition to the benefits of that product. Putting tools in it, such as my gua sha and jade roller cool and freeze the crystal, elevating the effect and giving my face a better overall experience. In regards to skin care products like serums, eye creams, and moisturizers, refrigeration adds longevity to the product and gives a cooling experience, but be sure to check your product because it all depends on the formulation.

https://a.co/d/egHenAx

9. Hair Scalp Brush

A Scalp brush, hair massager, scalp scrubber, hair massage brush, or whatever you call it, is a small, handheld brush made up of soft silicone bristles. This brush acts as a gentle alternative to scrubbing your scalp with your nails, providing a better source of scalp exfoliation, which allows dead skin and product buildup to be removed. As a result of exfoliation, this gets rid of dandruff, which can result from a dry scalp or an overly oily one. The act of massaging and exfoliation increases the blood flow to your hair helping to deliver oxygen and essential nutrients to the hair follicles. This helps prevent hair loss and protects the hair. Scalp massaging can reduce stress hormones – the leading factor in thinning hair. It’s an at-home spa tool that’s cheap and accessible for everyone.

https://a.co/d/4oiPA4s

10. Face Mask ApplicatorjeMk6W50nBk4NFCCOlX9joD1bUzayOKc 7nfHtKV0nIH3siEbI Gg2nsse8lrRLTNCxZLPTuBN7Na54U07Q2mqORj7XULtpghKefN7Bsm m31zl6cMylxHIQTdlh4QTiZzqOWghN3BbhfaK8A6UThGEYfKhYXAT3Flm eFADA6EQuYXP9 obc7gdWDPw6mMl3ab4EypQu7Q0ZN7jIZn2aRm9H3OOcALpJGHwiU8bXxsTVnq bpR WufzacO3esWLH3IJiL8MQbAotEyCD6EKdV9h1FTVxsGXBfUAiS

There is an abundance of face masks with an abundance of focuses and specialties to deliver to your skin. For clay and charcoal masks, you don’t want the germs from your fingers and hands to interfere with the face masks. No matter how clean your hands are, a face mask applicator provides a clean way to apply it, and it feels better on your face rather than your fingers. For the solid applicators, you can put them inside your skin care fridge or even a refrigerator, and it gives a cooling sensation to the skin with the face masks. 

https://a.co/d/1W4Ufb3

Elizabeth is a sophomore at the College of Charleston from Long Island, New York, with a major in Business Administration and a minor in writing, rhetoric, and publication. Elizabeth currently serves as the Vice President & Director of Marketing, Publicity, and Social Media for HC at COFC. In addition to being involved in many campus organizations such as the Delta Gamma Sorority's Director of Apparel, The Director of Public Relations for the Order of Omega Honor Society, and member of the American Marketing Association at COFC, the sustainable fashion club, and COFC's Finance Club.