stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Tea to Drink When You Want to Quit Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

If you’re anything like me, coffee can give you major anxiety. Tea is a great alternative because it still has enough caffeine to wake you up in the morning, but it doesn’t have all the stimulants coffee has. Here’s a list of my favorite tea drinks to start my day.

Black Tea

Earl grey, English breakfast, lemon tea; the easiest thing is to brew a cup (preferably in a very large mug) let it steep and add some honey or agave. This is what I drink most often because it’s quick, easy and tastes great!

London Fog

This one always makes me feel super fancy and it combines two of my favorite things; earl grey and lavender! I keep a jar of dried lavender on my shelf and mix it into earl grey in the morning and chamomile at night. A London fog calls for steamed milk but I always microwave it and it still works. It’s lightly sweetened and is a great Sunday morning drink. Try this recipe.

Matcha

My Starbucks order used to always be a caramel macchiato. Every time I drank one it made me feel like my heart was beating in my ears and my brain was about to take off in a whirlwind of overthinking everything. I ended up switching to a matcha latte, which is also easy to make at home! Matcha has a ton of health benefits as well as caffeine, so it wakes you up and makes you feel good. It can be made in a lot of different ways but my personal favorite is the latte.

Chai Tea Latte

This is perfect if you like a lot of flavor. Chai tea is great by itself or as a latte. This recipe from Stash is easy to do and makes a great morning drink! If you’re a broke college kid whose low on time, just do what I do; microwave the milk and “whisk” it all in a blender.  

Quitting coffee can be really hard, but I’ve learned that I like tea even more. There’s just as many variations and each one of these drinks makes me feel way better than coffee does. Most of these I discovered on Pinterest and there are so many more. Do some research, try some out and find out what you like best!

Tess Ware

C Mich '21

Hi, my name is Tess and I’m a double major in Journalism and Women and Gender studies at Central Michigan University. Planning to become a media writer after I graduate. I want to empower people through my writing and hope to someday write a book on the intersection of Feminism and Paganism. I’m a huge crafter, I love knitting and altering clothes I find at thrift stores. I listen to a lot of audiobooks in my free time. I’m really excited to be co-campus correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HerCampus-CMich and continue to develop my voice, writing and leadership skills.