Letter from the Editor: Thank you to my Her Campus Team

It’s been just over a year since the official launch date of the Central Michigan University  (C-Mich) Chapter of Her Campus. And let me just say, it’s been a hell of a ride.

Erin, my co-correspondent came to me with the idea of starting the chapter, back in the fall of 2017.  Of course, I absolutely loved the idea but I never thought we’d be capable of starting a whole new chapter on campus of an organization that exists nationally.  But here we are, in full swing, a year later.

We started out with a team of about six.  Over the course of this past year, we had writers come and go.  We’ve had around 18 writers at one time but now we have about a steady number of 12 contributors.  While I would love to expand our team, I could not be happier with our current membership.

So here’s to my team.  Thank you.

Seriously.  Without you, I would have lost my sanity by now.  You all are constantly stepping up when I need help.  I often try to tackle too much at a time and I do this because I don’t want to disappoint you all.  But whether it’s been coming to my aid when you knew I had too much on my plate or giving me a hug after meeting because you could tell I needed one, thank you.  

You all have busted your butts this semester.  You’ve constantly pushed out new, creative content and grown immensely in your writing.  I don’t know if I could be more proud of you than I am right now. You’ve stuck with it as we’ve made changes on the fly.  Your flexibility and willingness to adapt does not go unnoticed.

I am so lucky to be surrounded by such a wonderful group of strong, empowering women.  Thank you for being a group that provides endless support, laughter and love. Thank you for giving me the confidence needed to help lead an organization.