This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Lauren’s Listening Club here with 10 songs you’re not going to want to miss! Some tunes good for walking to class, dancing alone, screaming at the top of your lungs, and everything in between. Feedback is highly encouraged, happy listening! 

“Fuck it I love you” by Lana Del Ray LDR released a new album, in case you haven’t already heard. Quite surprisingly, this is the first Lana album I’ve intentionally sat down to listen to, front to back, and it certainly will not be the last. This may be my favorite track!

“Night Shift” by Lucy Dacus I will have the utmost pleasure of seeing this queen performing at my favorite venue next week and I’m not emotionally prepared. 

“Puzzle Games” by Shane Thiede Trio featuring Cara Niemi We love supporting up and coming Michigan bands! I think y’all will like Shane Thiede Trio, especially this track featuring Cara. 

“Donnie Darko” by Let’s Eat Grandma I promise this song is worth the full 11 minutes and 19 seconds! 

“29 Palms” by Reptalians Funny story about the first time I heard this song: I come home from class and brew myself a fine cup of “Women” tea, courtesy of All Things Divine, and attempt to dance while also walking down my stairs while also carrying a full cup of scorching tea and end up pouring the tea all over myself :) song was worth it though. 

“Orca” by Y La Bamba All credits go to Spotify Discover Weekly. 

“Random Rules” by Silver Jews A few days ago, I started listening to American Water once a day and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon. It is truly a masterpiece and would highly recommend listening to it front to back if you haven’t already had the pleasure of doing so. Miss you DB. 

“ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?” by Tyler, The Creator I went out of my comfort zone and attended the Tyler, The Creator and Jaden Smith show last weekend and I gained so much respect for Tyler as an artist and performer after seeing him live and intend to do my best not to sleep on him again in the future. He closed with this and…I don’t subscribe to karmic coincidence but…woah. 

“99 Red Balloons” by Nena No idea what took so long for this absolute banger to be listed on here, but I taught myself how to play this on an acoustic guitar and I’m proud of myself! 

“Vegetables (Mono)” by The Beach Boys This one goes out to all of my fellow veggie bitches out there!

Lauren Nowosatka is a senior at Central Michigan University studying kinesiology and math. She is also the Vice President of the Organization of Women Leaders, an undergraduate researcher within the College of Health Professions, a site leader for Alternative Breaks, and a member of the Honors Program. Lauren founded Lauren's Listening Club in spring of 2019, sharing 10 songs that all should hear on a weekly basis (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ZoarBWM8vdFvrfZgbrf9o?si=b-O4jR6kRn-2YWcMs2rBOw ).