This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

It’s here, folks. What we’ve all been waiting for, springtime! With spring arriving, that means warm weather, baseball season, and that we are quickly approaching the end of the school year. With so many great things to look forward to in the springtime, it’s important to stay on track with the things that really matter. Academics. It’s definitely easy to forget about that as the days begin to get nicer. Here are just some ways to stay on track during these last few weeks of class and avoid the stress.

Planning Ahead

Procrastination can be a college student’s worst enemy. I advise to not wait until the deadline to start an assignment that, if done the right way, should have taken at least a week’s worth of effort. Planning ahead is the perfect to prevent any and all types of procrastination. Know at least two weeks in advance, what you have due in each of your classes. Whether they are papers, projects or just a simple assignment, it’s always in your best interest to plan ahead to avoid the stress later on.

Prioritize

Making lists can really help with prioritizing which things need to get done and when. I know a problem I always have is deciding when to do certain assignments. By making lists, it helps me to be organized so that I have an agenda to follow. Start by checking the syllabus to see when things for certain classes are due. This is a sure way to help with staying on track with schoolwork.

Setting Goals

Setting some goals is a great way to get things done on time. Take the time to make your own deadlines and assure yourself that you will get an assignment done a few days before the actual due date. When you set your own deadline, it helps instill the responsibility in yourself that you will absolutely get it done. Take those extra days before your assignment is due to perfect it.

Rewarding Yourself

With all of the work you’ve been putting into your schoolwork, you can reward yourself by taking a break. During this time, do an activity that is going to help take your mind off of all the work you’ve been doing, and that can reenergize you. Some things you could do would be to take a nice walk, exercise, or eat! Try to avoid things like watching Netflix or taking a nap. Those things will  probably make you feel even more tired.

Taking a Break From Social Media

Social media, nowadays, is the epitome of procrastination. Whether it’s a fifteen minute Facebook , Twitter, or Instagram break, social media sites can be the cause of a missed deadline. During the last few weeks of class, you really want to make sure silly things, like getting caught up in a Twitter fight, don’t stop you from finishing your assignment due at midnight. Use this as an opportunity to step away from social networking. After all, there will be plenty of time to tweet about how much you dislike school once the year is over.

Gabi is a junior from Chicago, Illinois studying Advertising with minors in Journalism and Spanish. She is an active member of the Phi Sigma Sigma sorority. Gabi is a sports fanatic, as well as a fashion enthusiast. She hopes to work in the fashion industry while living in the Windy City.