Coolin’ with Nick Reynolds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

It’s not everyday you meet someone passionate enough to make a change. Meet Nick, a senior from Kalamazoo studying Entrepreneurship. When Nick chose to major in that field, he knew it would be the perfect fit. “I’ve always been a creative person, my personality and mind have no boundaries. My major allows me to express myself,” he said.

Nick learned to express himself creatively during high school. He won awards in architectural drafting, where he designed floor and electrical plans for a commercial building. He even had his artwork entered into competitions and art galleries.

Besides his high school accomplishments, Nick has focused his artistic and entrepreneurial skills on something bigger: Cool Life Livin, or C.LL..

Nick is the founder of Cool Life Livin, a fashion line dedicated to all things artistic, stylish and fashionable. Though the company was founded only a year ago, it has demonstrated impressive progress. “It is now in over six different cities in Michigan and has reached states like Ohio, Illinois and Florida,” said Nick.

C.L.L came about after Nick enrolled in a printing class. In this class the final assignment gave the students the option to print a graphic or text onto a t-shirt. Once he printed his graphic, he saw he had a market and Cool Life Livin was born. The saying “Cool Live Livin” was something he and his friends always said, so it was a no-brainer to use this catchy saying as the name of the line.

Along with t-shirts, Nick produces crew necks, hoodies, hats, posters, banners and stickers. The unique thing about this line is the fact that Nick hand draws all the graphics. “We have a unique style of clothing that’s a combination of art and fashion, I want the brand to be seen as art and not just clothing,” he said.
This line is like no other, especially because once Nick graduates this December, he plans to support charities like anti-bullying and suicide awareness through donations. He knows these issues are serious and wants to prevent them from occurring.

If that isn’t enough to have you supporting the C.L.L “movement” you should know that each clothing item is exclusive. “We put new clothing out every week because we do not produce many of the same things. You may not see the same design for months,” he said.

You can look for new items on the website: www.coollifelivin.com and follow the movement on Twitter (@CoolLifeLivin) and Facebook (Cool Life Livin) to stay up-to-date on the happenings of this extraordinary line.

I am a senior studying Public Relations at CMU. I work as the PR Manager for our student run newspaper, CM Life and have been with them for two years. My minor is advertising so I really enjoy every aspect of my major and minor. Outside of school and work I enjoy shopping and finding new recipes since I absolutely love to cook.
Laura Szatkowski is a senior at Central Michigan University graduating in December, 2012. She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations with a minor in English. Laura has had numerous internships in a wide variety of industries throughout college. Laura is passionate about all things PR and social media related and is looking forward to traveling and working outside of Michigan after graduation.