This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

From falling leaves to football games and pumpkins, fall is definitely back. This year make autumn a season to remember!

1. Go for a stroll around campus.

Get your blood flowing and open your eyes to the kaleidoscope of colors this season. Enjoy the cool breeze and nature at its best with leaves scattered across the ground in shades of red, brown, orange and yellow. Go for a walk with your friends, boyfriend, or by yourself. Make fall memories and take pictures with your camera capturing this moment and your new cute fall scarf! 

2. Host a movie night.

Cozy up inside your dorm room or apartment and invite the girls or your boyfriend over for a movie night. Choose between watching a cheesy chick flick like “John Tucker Must Die,” a sappy, but cute, romantic comedy like “50 First Dates.” If you’re feeling in the Halloween spirit, try something scary that will leave you covering your eyes like “The Exorcist.” You can also show off your colorful funky socks you like to wear around the room. Get some popcorn popping and transform your room into a movie theater. 

3. Light a candle to spread the aroma of fall.

Who doesn’t love candles? Fill your apartment with candles that not only smell good, but are also in season. I recommend fragrances such as apple pie, cranberry, or pumpkin spice. Not only does it make your room smell fresh and like fall, but you’ll fool your roommates making them think you were actually baking something.

4.  Frolic in autumn leaves.

Be honest with yourself. You know every time you see a pile of leaves, especially the ones you just finish raking into a pile, you want to jump into them! Stop taking life so seriously and dive in.  Leaves fall for a reason.

5. Read a book under a tree.

Despite the chilly mornings, fall is the perfect time for reading in the outdoors. Whether you’re reading it for class or for pure enjoyment, bring a blanket and snacks and get comfy underneath a tree around campus. To avoid the chatter from students stay away from the busy spots like the Bovee University Center and Park Library. When you find a comfortable spot, stretch out under the shade and flip open your book.

6. Visit a pumpkin patch.

Make the most out of this season and go on an autumn adventure at Papa’s Pumpkin Patch and Country Farm Market on 3909 S Summerton Rd in Mount Pleasant. You can pick out a pumpkin and use it to decorate your apartment, go on a hay ride, and go with friends into the corn maze. When you finally find your way out after getting lost a couple of times, reward yourself with some apple cider. 

7. Go to a football game.

Fall is back, which means so is the NFL and college football. Even if you’re not a sports fanatic, go to a game and cheer on your team.  You’ll forget about the cold weather and find yourself doing the wave and shouting from the top of your lungs every time your team scores a touchdown!

8. Find a creative Halloween costume.

Halloween will be here before you know it and this year instead of dressing up as cat woman or a witch again, dress up as someone or something different. Go to your local Halloween store and browse through different costumes to have an idea in mind. Once you find it, get your costume. So by the time people actually start buying costumes, you don’t have to worry about yours being sold out and having no choice but to wear that witch hat again.

Charnae Sanders is a sophomore at Central Michigan University majoring in the field of journalism. The Detroit native was a 2012 Lem Tucker Journalism Scholarship winner and has interned with The Detroit Free Press and The Wall Street Journal: Classroom Online Edition. She is currently the Editor of the Food & Beverage section of Grand Central Magazine and a former reporter of CMU’s Central Michigan Life. Charnae hopes to write for a professional magazine after graduating from CMU. In addition, she would also like to write and publish her own novels and poetry. She calls writing her passion and is fascinated with the art of storytelling. When this Aquarius isn’t busy working on articles or studying for an exam, you can find her cheering on her favorite sports teams or singing along to Taylor Swift and Beyoncé.