8 Reasons to Look Forward to Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

It’s almost that time of year again, folks! As much as I love those beautiful months of summer, I’m so over the blazing hot weather.  Plus, it’s pretty safe to say it’s every girl’s favorite season. Here a few reasons you should look forward to the best season of the year.

Fall Fashion

It’s finally time to break in those super cute boots you bought in mid-July. With the changing season brings new fall fashions. Look forward to layering clothing with scarves and stylish jackets.

Fashion trends to try are mixing black and whites as well as embellished tops.

Pumpkin Everything

Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin scented candles – everything pumpkin flavored you can think of – is essential for fall.

Cooler Weather

Put away those shorts and flip flops, and break out those warmer clothes. Cooler weather has finally arrived. I think after a few months, having things cool down a bit is just what we all need.

Change in Scenery

As we all may be very aware of, fall is when the leaves start changing colors and even the sky just looks a little different. Enjoy the sight of the orange and red leaves falling from each tree to the bitter sidewalk. And let’s be real, it makes for an Instagram-worthy picture.

Sports

Football season is back! Whether it’s following your hometown NFL team or your favorite college team, football season is here! Football season also means tailgate season. Also, look forward to the hockey season being back in action on October 1st.

Halloween

Halloween means dressing up and maxing out on chocolate and candy – what more could a girl want?!

Fall Festivities

This time of year means heading out to the cider mills and pumpkin patches!

TV Shows

Last but not least, look forward to the return of some of your favorite TV shows. Whether you like more dramas, like Grey’s Anatomy or Scandal, or comedy series like How I Met Your Mother or New Girl, be sure you don’t those season premieres!

Gabi is a junior from Chicago, Illinois studying Advertising with minors in Journalism and Spanish. She is an active member of the Phi Sigma Sigma sorority. Gabi is a sports fanatic, as well as a fashion enthusiast. She hopes to work in the fashion industry while living in the Windy City.