6 Inspiring Quotes from Celebs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

It’s hard to feel inspired sometimes, especially when life feels overwhelming and frustrating. The next time life is throwing you several balls to juggle at once, look at these celebrity quotes that will help bring you inspiration when you’re feeling stressed out!

Marilyn Monroe wants to let you know everything is going to be just fine

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe continues to be the cover girl on posters hanging up in college girls’ dorm rooms for a reason. With this quote, Monroe relates to women of all ages and backgrounds because we all have moments where we feel as if our lives are spinning out of control. Monroe tells us to take a deep breath and make us realize things happen because they were supposed to happen. Though you may feel awful and confused when something unexpected first strikes, in time you’ll eventually realize it only made you a stronger and better person.

Oprah explains there is no secret to success

“The big secret in life is that there is no secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” – Oprah Winfrey

Oprah didn’t reach success overnight. It took time, motivation, and a lot of hard work. Use this quote as inspiration when it comes to striving to reach a goal in life. Whether it’s to pass all of your classes or save enough money to get that special item you’ve been dying to buy, think of ways to accomplish your goals and don’t give up.

Beyoncé thinks you shouldn’t be afraid to show emotion

“Stop pretending I have it all together. And if I’m scared, be scared. Allow it. Release it. Move on.” – Beyoncé Knowles-Carter 

Beyoncé is a busy woman, but she has bad days just like the rest of us. She’ll have times where she feels overwhelmed, tired or stressed out because at the end of the day, she’s still human. So, if you feel like you’re being pushed to the edge and need to let out a scream, scream. If you feel like bursting into tears because everything’s going horribly wrong, cry. Just remember when you’re done letting out all of your emotions to pull yourself together and move on because the best is yet to come.

Demi Lovato says you don’t need glitter to sparkle

“Technically, if a girl wants to sparkle she can put on glitter, but I think the correct answer would be a smile because no one pays attention to your shirt when you have a nice smile on your face.” – Demi Lovato

Singer and X Factor judge, Demi Lovato, tells you it’s not necessary to sprinkle yourself in magical pixie dust to sparkle. The only thing that makes you shine your brightest is your smile. Not only does a smile make your face glow, but it’s a woman’s best accessory. So leave the shimmer y lotion at home and put on your favorite shade of lipstick and show the world your million-dollar smile.

Princess Diana suggests showing people that you care

“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”- Princess Diana

You don’t have to be a millionaire to give back. You can simply show others you care by doing simple acts of kindness. Hold the door open for someone, help point someone in the right direction who looks lost, or lend someone a helping hand. Princess Diana was loved and respected by so many people because of her big heart. Open your heart to people and show them you care.

Angelina Jolie reveals there is no such thing as the perfect person

“We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Angelina Jolie

To several girls, Brad Pitt seems like the perfect person—he’s smart, sexy and a gentleman—but Angelina suggests that everyone has their flaws. No one is perfect, but Angelina still suggests love you can make someone seem imperfectly perfect. Remember: it’s okay if that person has occasional bad skin or extra hairy legs because the most important thing is when you’re in love, you love everything about that person and wouldn’t want to change a thing.

Charnae Sanders is a sophomore at Central Michigan University majoring in the field of journalism. The Detroit native was a 2012 Lem Tucker Journalism Scholarship winner and has interned with The Detroit Free Press and The Wall Street Journal: Classroom Online Edition. She is currently the Editor of the Food & Beverage section of Grand Central Magazine and a former reporter of CMU’s Central Michigan Life. Charnae hopes to write for a professional magazine after graduating from CMU. In addition, she would also like to write and publish her own novels and poetry. She calls writing her passion and is fascinated with the art of storytelling. When this Aquarius isn’t busy working on articles or studying for an exam, you can find her cheering on her favorite sports teams or singing along to Taylor Swift and Beyoncé.