10 Ways to Spend Your Spring Break at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Are you the epitome of a “broke college student” with not even two pennies to pinch together for a tallboy, let alone a spring break vacation?  Treat yourself to your own paradise without having to leave this winter wonderland we call home.  Here are some ideas to keep you occupied over the spring break holiday.

1.     Ski Resorts

With the weather we’re having, there is still lots of snow on the ground, and unfortunately some more coming. Take advantage of it their deals for skiers during the week!

2.     Movie Hop

If you aren’t fond of the bitter cold, plan a trip indoors! Buy a matinee movie ticket and hop to different theaters to watch all the new movies out! 

3.     Home Remedies

If you don’t live too far from Mt. Pleasant, take a day trip home to see your parents.  They’ll be glad to see you’re still breathing and somewhat sane, and snag some food and load up on toiletries to last you until May!

4.     Bar Crawl

If you are of age, take a nice little tour around downtown Mt. Pleasant bar life. Plus, you can find some stragglers who are stuck in Mt. Pleasant just like you.  New best friend? I think so!

5.     Netflix Binge

Not that you don’t do this already, but binge on a series so you won’t have to when school starts back up.

6.     Book Binge

If you haven’t caught up on The Hunger Games or 50 Shades of Grey, be sure to read and re-read them before the movies come out this summer! 

7.     Cooking Lessons

Put those Pinterest recipes you’ve pinned for the past 3 years to good use and test out your cooking skills. 

8.     DIY your life

Winter is definitely not my favorite. If you’re in the same boat as me, stay indoors and DIY your room to death.  You will get to test out your craft skills and make your roommates jealous of how awesome your room will look.

9.     Volunteer

Grab a couple of friends and donate some of your time to one of your favorite charities.  A lot of animal shelters love dog walkers to come play with the pups even in the winter!  Before school lets out for the week, check out the Volunteer Center in the Bovee University Center and find an organization that you’re passionate about to spend some time at.  BONUS: It will look great on your resume, too!

10. Pre-Spring Cleaning

Get a jump-start on your spring cleaning before your roommates and get rid of all the random items you thought you lost in August. 

Annie is a junior at Central Michigan University from Plymouth, Mi.  She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations with a minor in Leadership.  Annie is an active member in her sorority Phi Sigma Sigma holding numerous positions within the chapter.  She has a love for travel, food and pets and looks forward to an internship abroad Summer 2013.  Annie loves writing for Her Campus and cannot wait to see this chapter grow to be such a great success! :)