What to do when it’s 8 am and you hit snooze

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

We’ve all done it. We’ve all accidentally hit the “off” button instead of the “snooze” button, or we’ve just straight up not felt like going to class (I may or may not have already done this just four weeks into the semester. It’s fine).

So what do you do when you sleep through your 8am?

Don’t panic. It’s an 8am, than means someone else skipped (slept through) it, too.

Unless this is like O-chem or something as  insane, I’m sure you’ll be able to catch up.

Not much gets done in 8am classes because of the sole purpose that they are, in fact, 8am classes.

It’s A-okay to skip 8ams every now and then. You’ve just got to go through the “can I skip this class?” checklist.

Can I skip this class?

• Is anything important happening in class today?

• Is attendance taken?

• Is attendance part of your grade?

• What’s your current grade like in the class?

• Does the professor like you?

• Do you feel like you have this class under control?

• Will the guilt of skipping a class kill you?

• What will your mother think?

• Are you sick?

• How much sleep have you been getting?

• Are you hungover?

• Is it Monday?

Evaluate the checklist and make your call. Got more than five yeses? Girlfriend skip that class.  When in doubt, listen to any Beyonce song and you will make the right choice.

Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation. 
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.