A Definitive Ranking of the Queer Eye Fab 5

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

The most pure and wholesome entertainment experience available to consumers right now is by far Netflix’s reboot of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. (Which just got renewed for a second season!!!!)

If you haven’t seen the show, each episode Queer Eye follows a different man whose life could use a makeover- in appearance and in substance. In one week, each man is taught in a different lifestyle area by five gay men, the Fab Five, who each specialize in something different.

(L-R) Bobby is an interior designer who redoes one room in each of the men’s houses. Karamo specializes in “culture,” which can be career advice, hobbies, or their outlook of themselves and the world. Jonathan does “grooming,” which entails an adorable little hair and beard montage. Antoni is a chef who teaches the guys how to make easy, healthy meals and snacks. And finally, Tan helps the men with their wardrobes, which arguably makes the biggest difference, appearance-wise.

After binge-ing the entire series (which does not drain nearly enough time from my life), here is my official ranking of the best members of the Fab Five.

Number One: Jonathan

The most extra. The most expressive. The most, period. Always taking fashion risks. Always using the best slang (“yas, henny”). Always a bright and shiny star.

Also Number One: Tan

Tan is adorable, kind-hearted, and always uses the clothes he picks out for the guys as an opportunity to help them out with their self-image. He’s willing to go with the other members of the Fab 5 on their adventures as a supportive friend, and to educate the straight guys on what’s up.

Number One As Well: Bobby

Bobby is a sweetheart. He really gets involved in what the guys want for their new lives, since he’s the one redoing their homes. He comes off as more shy and reserved but is willing to have deep, meaningful conversations with the guys. He’s a ray of sunshine who is too good and pure for this world.

Additionally Number One: Karamo

Karamo is such a cool dude! He wears fantastic bomber jackets and really takes the lead in helping the guys with their self-confidence and outlook on themselves. He also keeps it real, talking with the straight guys about issues of the dual identity of being black and gay, as well as the relationship the police have with black people. Also, he openly thirsts after the men he makes over. Relatable af.

Number One As Well: Antoni

This beautiful boy is the young heartthrob, he in his tight band tees and with his healthy recipes. The story he tells about wearing a speedo on a vacation to Greece when he first came out was everything. He’s just too good. Also, after the first episode, just the sight of him makes me automatically crave guacamole, which I’m never upset about.

It’s a five-way tie! All of them are absolutely perfect men! Who would have guessed it?

Kait Wilbur is an aggressively optimistic individual obsessed with sitcoms, indie music, and pop culture in general. She hails from Manito, a rural wasteland in Illinois so small and devoid of life that she took up writing to amuse herself. Kait goes to Butler University to prepare for a career in advertising, but all she really wants to do is talk about TV for a living. You can find her at any given moment with her earbuds in pretending to do homework but actually looking at surrealist memes.
Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.