This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

It’s me, back again with another article whose main focus is my nostalgia. My content has a theme! This week’s nostalgic topic? CHRISTMAS.

There’s a cult of people you may or may not have heard of, but chances are you’ve encountered us before. I like to call us the “Christmas is Five Months Long” cult. Does that ring a bell? Yes, yes, I (unsurprisingly) belong to the group of individuals that celebrates Christmas starting in September and doesn’t stop until, like, maybe mid-January.

The minute the weather drops under 60 degrees, Michael Buble’s “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” starts playing. The festive sweaters are hung in the closet proudly, just waiting for the right moment to make their debuts. The (live) Christmas tree is bought the weekend after Thanksgiving and stays up until it withers and dies. Personally, being a part of this little club is one of my favorite personality traits. It’s fun. Being excited is fun. But apparently others do not feel the same way. Some people won’t let you enjoy things. And so, we are a secret club. A club that hides in the shadows, waiting until December 1st to play our Christmas tunes in public, ashamed that we *gasp* … LIKE SOMETHING.

I mean, really, truly, are we hurting anyone by enjoying a holiday whose main goal is to make everyone happy? To fill people with the giving spirit? To inspire us all to be better human beings and love each other more? No. The only outcome is goodness and cheer and smiles. So for me, Christmas is five months long. It can be two days long for you. It can be nonexistent, even. But dammit if I’m not going to enjoy something that has brought me so much joy for as long as I can remember.

I digress. This was supposed to be nostalgic, but really I just wanted everyone to know that I’m gonna celebrate Christmas for five months whether you like it or not. Also, I wanted to look at Christmas gifs. :) Goodbye!

Kath is a senior at Butler University and a self-identified introvert/INFJ. She's a lover of twinkly lights, christmas, cinema, music and romance. She's studying to be a high school English teacher, but her dream job is to work in a school library. She also loves hugs.
Rae Stoffel is a senior at Butler University studying Journalism with a double minor in French and strategic communications. With an affinity for iced coffee, blazers, and the worlds worst jokes, she calls herself a witty optomistic, which can be heavily reflected in her writing. Stoffel is a Chicago native looking forward to returning to the windy city post graduation.