You Know You Go To UB When You…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

The University at Buffalo is a huge and extremely diverse school, but there are a few things that every UB student can agree on about their college experience. Here’s a list of just a few things that every UB student can definitely relate to.

Meet that one girl on the drunk bus, and suddenly becoming best friends, then never speaking again.

We all know the feeling of having that one random girl compliment you on the bus or at a party while youre drunk, then you compliment her, next you add each other on snap chat, and then all of a sudden you two are best friends for either the night or the next hour. Ultimately you two never end up speaking again, but no one will know the bond you two had that night of best friends.

Have an undying hatred for all the geese on campus.

I know I’m not the only when that is low key terrified to even walk past a group of geese. I don’t know what is it about the geese in Buffalo but they are just not the nicest creatures, avoid being attacked at all cost. 

The line at Pistachio’s being so long, but also so worth it.

Face it we have all stood in that line at Pistachios for chicken broccoli alfredo, or any other kind of pasta for at least half an hour. But everyone knows carbs are the best food to have after a stressful day of exams. 

Struggle to find a seat in Knox 20.

Some how even though it’s one of the biggest classrooms on campus, there just aren’t enough seat. If you’re lucky though, you’ll have a friend get there early just to save you one.

Never finding a parking spot on the weekdays.

It’s a struggle.

The unbearable heat in the dorm rooms.

Profusely sweating laying in bed trying to study at the beginning of fall semester and the end of spring semester are some of the hardest. It’s almost like the heat from the dorms is forcing you to go to the library. 

Have a great hair day, then step outside and the Buffalo wind ruins it.

You know you’re day is going to be bad when you actually take time on your hair and make it look all sexy and cute, then take our first step outside and bam, the wind takes your pretty hair away. Not cool wind, not cool. 

Live off the Starbucks in Capen.

Thank god that Starbucks takes meal swipes, it really is a blessing from the UB gods. 

Run across the spine because your classes are on complete opposite ends of campus and you only have 10 minutes

Low key knocking down people on your way to class just so you can get a seat.

Have that one person that you don’t know but always seem to walk by everyday no matter where you are.

You may not know their name, but for some odd reason you two are on the same schedule and see each other literally everywhere. 

These are just a few of the many things that every UB student can find extremely relatable. 

I am a sophomore and Communications major here at the University at Buffalo. I was editor of my high school newspaper, was a research intern at the Radler Foundation located in Fort Worth, Texas, and wrote many articles for Todd Hobin's new website. I'm very into music, movies, and media and am very happy to be a part of the Her Campus community!