taylor thoman DSC_2321
taylor thoman DSC_2321
Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Have you heard of the Renegade dance? yes, you’ve probably seen it on your Instagram explore page or maybe on your twitter timeline. This dance which started on a completely different app named Triller by Jalaiah Harmon. Some big Tik Tok creator watered down her version and pawned it off as theirs and it became big on Tik Tok. It has recently come out that the dance was Jalaiah’s and that everyone was doing the wrong version. But once you get past the stealing of the ideas you will find that a lot of catchy dances come out of TikTok. But you will realize that most of the dances are just arm movements and stiff body rolls. Here is my list of the top five TikTok dance in no particular order:

black iphone tiktok app
Kon Karampelas

1) Renegade by KCamp

This dance is probably what made TikTok as big as it is. KCamp himself even called up Jalaiah to thank her for making the dance, and to perform with him. This fast-paced dance that is also mostly arm movements has been performed by probably millions of people on TikTok and counting. 

2) Get Up by Ciara

@Treclements exaggerated execution of this dance had TikTok and Twitter ablaze when someone posted it. His jump into a split had everyone amazed and talking about it. 

3) Turn me On by Sean Paul

This challenge is a couple are arm air punches and body roll is done the best by a TikToker names @JustMaiko who performed the song on an escalator with his friend. 

4) Say So by Doja Cat

This song got big is being used for not just the dance challenge but comedy dances. This song is a slower-paced song compared to the others and it is much easier to learn if you’re looking for an easy one to start with.  

5) If she can clap without her hands I don’t want that *****

This arm illusion ends with a woah, and it has people pretty stumped. It is a pretty straight forward dance but people are amazed.

Hi, I’m a junior and a business and marketing major.