Shows/Movies to Watch if You Love Bridgerton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Bridgerton season 2 was just released on Netflix a couple weeks ago and I am literally obsessed. This season has everything. Slow-burn, enemies to lovers, tension-representation Shonda never misses. This season focuses on Daphne’s older brother Viscount Anthony Bridgerton and his quest to find a suitable wife. He, unlike his sister, is not looking for love but is just looking for a woman who he can tolerate that will give him strong children. That is when he meets diamond of the season Edwina Sharma, and her “spinster” older sister Kate. If you are like me and have finished this season for the fifteenth time and are looking for your period drama fix, here is a list of movies and T.V. shows that will fulfill that for you. 

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

This movie is one of my all-time favorites. It is a long one but it is so worth it. Like Bridgerton, there are a lot of longing looks and stray touches. It is the definition of a slow burn and I love it.  

Pride and Prejudice (1995)

Like its successor, this mini-series is based on Jane Austen’s book by the same name. Starring Colin Firth and Jenifer Ehle this adaptation, while having very different vibes from the movie, is still amazing.

Peaky Blinders 

This is another show that has been recommended to me many times. It’s about street gangs that take place in 1920s Birmingham, England. If you like old-timey gangs this is definitely a show for you. 

The Great

This show has been on my TBW for so long and now that Bridgerton is done I will be watching it. I have heard great things about this show. I heard it is really funny and good. It stars Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult.

Outlander

This is one of my favorite shows and I just started it. This show follows Claire Randall who is transported back in time to 18th century Scotland and meets highlander Jaimie Fraser. This show is like a more mature and steamy than Bridgerton and I love it. 

Isabella is a Junior at University at Buffalo studying History Education and this is her second year in Her Campus. Her many passions include rainy days, reading, and hot coffee.