This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

I know this is long overdue, but I present to you: my monthly member playlist!  I made this for the month of February awhile back and thought I would write an article about it.  If you want to check out my playlist on Spotify, you can click here.  It has fifteen songs on it that I absolutely love, so here is a more in-depth analysis (I guess you could say) of my playlist.  Enjoy!

“Ashtray” by Hippo Campus

Hippo Campus has been my number one favorite band for awhile now.  “Ashtray” is one of the songs off of their new album, LP3.  I especially love the guitar in this song.  The chorus is super catchy and I always find myself jammin’ to this song in my car with the windows rolled down (if it’s nice out).

“Close To You” by Dayglow

This is such a feel-good song, which are my favorite types of songs.  I also love the singer’s voice, it’s calming in a way.  Given the name of the songs and the lyrics, I thought it would be perfect for my February playlist.

“Weekend Friend” by Goth Babe

My cousin put me onto this song and it reminds me of the beautiful and sunny Arizona.  I’m not 100% sure what the instrument is in the beginning, but I love it!  I don’t hear it being used in many songs, which makes it different in that way.

“hello!” by ROLE MODEL

I’ve heard so much hype about ROLE MODEL and now I know why (even though this is the only song of his that I know)!  The chorus is very catchy and it is definitely a good sing-along.  It has a slower cadence to it but not in a way that will make you feel sad.  I have always loved songs like that.

“Seasons (Waiting on You)” by Future Islands

This is another song that reminds me of Arizona.  I often link songs with memories, which makes them all the more special.  The singer’s voice is also very unique which makes it stand out from the rest.

“Music Sounds Better with You” by NEIL FRANCES

This song gets me in such a groovy mood!  It also makes me want to walk the runway.  I mainly love this song for its beat and instrumentals.  It also fits the theme of the month of February and love.  The title rings true, sometimes music just sounds better with the right people by your side.

“505” by Arctic Monkeys

SUCH A CLASSIC.  I love how it starts out super slow and gets more intense.  When you hear the Arctic Monkeys, you know it’s the Arctic Monkeys.  His voice is like no other and their songs have a certain vibe about them.

“Louie Bag (feat. Smino)” by Yebba and Smino

This song reminds me of my best friend Ryan because he showed it to me.  If you guys haven’t heard of Yebba, you’re missing out.  She is extremely talented and is so good at telling a story.  For example, here is her performing her song “My Mind” live.  The lyrics are very repetitive, but her live performance is so captivating because she tells a story through her facial expressions and changes of tone.

“Hell N Back” by Bakar

I had this song on repeat last summer when my family went to Cape Cod.  It’s definitely one of those summer songs.  The instrumentals are everything, and so is his voice!

“Looking Out for You” by Joy Again

Honestly, this genre of music is not usually something I go for, but this song is amazing.  I also love the lyric, “I guess I should stop looking out for you / Like I always do / When will you start looking out for me too?”  BOY did I feel that.

“You Make Me Feel Like Dancing” by Leo Sayer

This song itself makes me feel like dancing!  I discovered it by watching The Handmaid’s Tale (highly recommend by the way).

“Always Forever” by Cults

The lyrics of this song fit perfectly with the theme of love for the month of February.  “You and me, always, forever.”  This lyric can really apply to any relationship in life.  The singer’s voice is so angelic too.

“Westcoast Collective” by Dominic Fike

I love Dominic Fike so much.  The man can sing and act (not to mention, look at the guy).  This song is short, but that makes it more special.  I really like the switch between the simple plucking of the guitar to a rock and roll type of vibe.

“A First Date” by Biskwiq

This is one of the best remixes out there!  There is a lofi-type beat in the background with different Kendrick Lamar songs transitioning throughout the song.  Kendrick + lofi = Heaven.

“Butterfly” by UMI

I love singing along to this song.  The singer’s voice is absolutely beautiful and she hits those runs effortlessly.

I hope you enjoyed my playlist!  If you want to check out more of our members’ playlists, check out our chapter’s Spotify.  Just type in “HC Buffalo” in the search bar!  You can also find our profile through the link to my playlist.

Katie is the president and chapter correspondent of the Her Campus Buffalo chapter and a junior at the University at Buffalo studying psychology and political science. She loves to write about current events, politics, how to manage college life, and much more! She plans on using this platform to speak her mind and make a difference at UB.