This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

If you’re a Taylor Swift fan then you’re definitely excited about her album release! The release of her new album, Midnights, is amazing and all of her fans are enthusiastic. Since there are 20 songs, it is a little hard to unpack. As an avid Swiftie, I have taken it upon myself to compare these 20 songs to past Taylor Swift albums. This will make it easier for listeners to pick out which songs they will be more inclined to like. Taylor Swift listeners know that each album is depicted as a different “era” or vibe based on her life. Based on her past albums, whichever one resonates with you the most, will most likely be aligned with your favorite Midnights song listed below! This is all based on my opinion and I hope you enjoy my perspective!  

A guide to Taylor Swift’s new album: Midnights

“Lavender Haze” – 1989

“Maroon” – Reputation

“Anti-Hero” – Reputation

“Snow on The Beach (ft. Lana Del Ray)” – Folklore

“You’re on Your Own Kid” – Reputation

“Midnight Rain” – 1989

“Question…?” – 1989

“Vigilante Shit” – Reputation

“Bejeweled” – Lover

“Labyrinth” – Folklore

“Karma” – Reputation

“Sweet Nothing” – Evermore

“Mastermind” – Reputation

“The Great War” – Evermore

“Bigger Than The Whole Sky” – Folklore

“Paris” – 1989 

“High Infidelity” – Evermore

“Glitch” – Reputation

“Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve” – 1989

“Dear Reader” – Folklore

Based on the vibes of the album, I have concluded that it is most similar to Reputation and 1989. Being that 1989 is my favorite Taylor Swift album, I found Midnights to be an exceptional album. Furthermore, my favorite songs on the album are “Lavender Haze” and “Midnight Rain,” which I have categorized as most similar to the album 1989.

Kate Duryea

Buffalo '25

Kate is a sophomore at the University at Buffalo. She majors in Biological Sciences. Some of her favorite hobbies include watching movies, hanging out with friends, and self care. She is a Gemini sun, Pisces moon, Leo rising.