fashion illustration with sunglasses?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
fashion illustration with sunglasses?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Illustration by Sketchify in Canva
Style

5 Friends Inspired Fall Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

FRIENDS has been my favorite show for a long time, every time I re-watched as I grew up, I saw something in a different way, understood a joke better, etc. Friends is a classic, and a staple show to many for a variety of different reasons, one of my favorites being the 90’s fashion very prevalent, especially in the beginning of the show that are reemerging in fashion today. Here are some friends inspired fall outfits that you can definitely rock this fall:

Jeans and a Tee

This Monica outfit is a simple outfit that has everyone’s fall staples: a white collared shirt and blue high waisted jeans. You can pair this with anything, from a puffer jacket when it’s colder outside, a pullover sweater and a small purse when the temperature is on the warmer side. You can find a similar top here from Forever 21 and blue jeans from Pretty Little Thing here.

Cute Plaid 

This Rachel Green outfit is not only extremely cute, but perfect for the fall. As we know, plaid is like the definition of all things fall, and pairing a cute plaid mini skirt with a cropped sweater, knee-high socks, and boots was very cute on Rachel, but even better to recreate this fall. You can also customize this outfit with more fall staples like a black leather jacket and a shoulder bag with simple gold jewelry.

Buisness Casual

This outfit is one of my favorites because it’s versatile, you can wear it to work, school or out for a bite to eat. This button-down shirt, matched with a mini skirt, boots with a blazer embodies all of the re-emerging 90’s fashion in our fashion trends. This can be dressed up or made a little more casual with a shoulder bag, simple gold jewelry and sneakers instead of heels and a headband.

Little Black Dress

This Rachel Green outfit was perfect on her, and is perfect for a date night or a night out with friends. The little black dress with black heels outfit is timeless, an outfit that transcended 90’s fashion and made it all the way to 2020. You can pair this outfit with layered gold necklaces, like Rachel did in the show, as well as a jacket if it’s a little colder outside. It also reminds me of the song Little Black Dress by One Direction

Joggers 

Last but not least, this Rachel outfit. Rachel’s outfit is the embodiment of what athleisure looks like now and I’m sure is what a lot of people’s quarantine outfits look like. This cropped t-shirt and high-waisted joggers is the cutest outfit for lounging around the house, going to class, going out for a quick bite to eat, etc. You can dress it both up and down with a Sherpa coat and sneakers, with boots and a puffer coat., or a long coat with boots and a bag. The possibilities are endless. Friends is a timeless show, and it is very prevalent in our culture both then and today, especially in fashion.  

Though we may not be going to many places this fall, it is important to still take the time to look good and feel good. If dressing up to go to your one class every week or to go outside and take a good picture makes you feel good, then do it! I hope these outfits inspire you to treat yourself and look good while doing it!

A UB student double majoring in Psychology and Criminology, activist, coffee enthusiast, music and fashion lover. She loves using Her Campus as a medium to express her many passions, from self-care, fashion, movies, and books to activism, criminology and psychology.