Top Ten Collegiette Power Pumping Songs That Will Get You Through Studying For Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Hey Collegiettes! It’s that time of year where finals are on the brain and the lack of sleep makes you have daydreams of Brad Pitt’s face in your math equations. So here is a list of songs that will pump the energy back into your veins and it will keep you focused on the task at hand: CRAM, CRAM, CRAMMING the knowledge that you didn’t know before your exam!

Song #1
Usher ft Jay-Z: Hot Toddy
Why this song is good:  Its one of those songs that the beats and rhythms make you move and feel sexy while doing it. I had this song on repeat five times in a row and was able to read 30 pages out of this boring English textbook (True Story!)

Song #2
Pitbull ft. NeYo : Give Me Everything
Why this song is good: This song is the epitome of energy! It’s one of those songs that will have you bumping in your headphones while looking over the boring periodic table and you feel as though you conquered the world while listening to it (or at least last week’s Chemistry notes).

Song #3
Rihanna : Talk That Talk
Why this song is good: It gives anybody listening to it a feeling of their swag level increased by 110%. When that level is up, so is your studying habits. (Disclaimer: Be near your books when listening to this song, not in the club!)

Song #4
Mutya Buena: To the Limit
Why this song is good: This British native has very good songs, I bumped into this song on YouTube one day and while having it on repeat I was able to have a 5 page paper done in an hour! (This is magic that I want spread it to other Collegiettes!)

Song #5
LMFAO: Sexy and I Know It
Why this song is good: The title says it all. Just listen to it. You will feel sexy and your grades will be too ;) (We can hope!)

Song #6
Girlicious: 2 in the Morning
Why this song is good: This upbeat song will get you jumping to the beat while cracking the books. It is one of those songs that will get you lose and your mind at ease (Fair warning: You might be in the library at 2 in the Morning listening to this song and nobody will judge, trust me.)

Song #7
Jesse McCartney: Up
Why this song is good: This song might make you close the books and start dancing! Everybody needs a study break right?

Song #8
Glee Cast (Naya Rivera): Valerie
Why this song is good: While anything that Glee touches is musical gold, this song will put that pep in your step and pep up your hands in turning those pages of your textbook.

Song #9
Jennifer Lopez: Papi
Why this song is good: This song will have you humming along with your notes. I was able to make new lyrics to this song for my Communication class notes. Don’t ask, just go with it ;)

Song #10
Joanna Pacitti: Watch Me Shine
Why this song is good: This song is one of those girl power songs that will make you feel as though you can get past every huddle that pops up. You finals will be a piece of cake if you play this on your iPod before you go into class to take that test!

So Collegiettes, Don’t worry about your finals, you girlies will do great! Instead of thinking that FINALS = F(@#$) I N(ever) A(ctually) L(earned [this] S(#*%) just listen to  this playlist and make taking your final exams a breeze!

Kimberly Drummond is a senior Public Communication major at SUNY Buffalo State College. Being from Brooklyn, NY she always had a love for city lights. She enjoys writing, reading, photography, and the occasional curling up to a glossy fashion magazine now and then.