Mid-Semester Frenzy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

We all know what time of year it is, it’s the stressful mid-semester frenzy time! The time when it seems like all your professors assign homework and exams at the exact same time just to spite you! Yes, we are all familiar wit this time of the year and it completely sucks. I have some tips for how you can survive the mid-semester frenzy and not be completely stressed out during the time.

1. Get your work done in advance!! We all get syllabi from all our classes that typically tell you what will be due in advance. I know it’s hard to actually buckle down and get everything done a week or two before it’s due and not wait till the night or hours before it’s due but you’ll feel so much calmer if you get things done ahead of time. Your work will be better and you’ll have more free time for other activities.

2. Organize your time! When you don’t schedule your time efficiently a lot of the time things tend to get really hectic and overlap. You don’t want that! If you create a schedule for when you want to get things done you can spread everything out through the week so that you don’t have a massive amount of things to get done at one time.

3. Go to the library! Personally it’s hard for me to get work done when there’s other around or when my TV is a few inches away from me. Find a nice quite spot in the library and study and get your work done. If the library isn’t for you do it in your room. Where ever you find it best to get your work done!

4. Get sleep!! I know as college students we think we’re invincible and can break night all the time to get things done but that takes a tole on your body. It’s hard to function at your best when you’re exhausted. Get enough sleep and you’ll be able to be productive.

5. Make sure you’re eating well. Skipping meals or eating tons of junk food won’t help you be productive, You’ll either be hungry through the day which will distract you or you’ll feel really sluggish from the fast foods.

6. Finally make sure you make time for FUN! You will continue to feel stressed if you don’t have some sort of outlet whether it’s exercising, going out to eat, hanging with your friends, going out, whatever it is you like to do to clear you head and unwind make sure you at least make a day or two to do it! 

Follow my tips and your mid semester frenzy should be a lot less crazy and stressful! 

**Image retrieved from: http://favim.com/image/2123714/

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.