Meet Our Homecoming Queen, Britni!

Name: Britni Mignon

Hometown: Bayside, Queens, New York City 

Major: Business with concentration in Marketing; minor in Dance 

Graduation Year: 2016

What organizations are you apart of on campus:  Dance Association and Buffalo State POM Dance Team 

Dream job: Digital Marketing Manager

Favorite food: Sushi

Favorite film: Grease

Quote to live by: “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again this time more wisely” -Henry Ford

If you could have one super power, what would it be: Power Replication, so that I can do whatever superpower I needed at that moment in time.

Favorite song at the moment: Honestly it varies on the daily but usually anything Chris Brown 

Favorite television show: SCANDAL

Favorite dessert: Crepes    

Pet Peeves: Noisy eaters and having the volume on an odd number

Relationship status: Single

If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be: Bora Bora!

Favorite place on Elmwood: Ashkers

Fun fact about yourself: Britni runs on Dunkin'

Why did you come to Buffalo State: I knew that I wanted to go to a college that was located in a city. I am from NYC and I could never imagine myself anywhere but a city. Also, Buffalo State was large enough for me to have the true college experience yet it is also small enough for me to make close friends. 

How did it feel to be crowned Homecoming Queen: Initially I was shocked, there was so many beautiful and talented girls that I had no idea what to expect. After the shock died down I was really excited and happy!   

If you were actually Queen of the United States, what is one thing you would change: I would make college tuition free. I met a foreign exchange student that told be how much cheaper college is in England. She told me college is only for three years there and that if your loans are less that $20,000, you don't have to pay a dime back. Students slave in school to get an education so that we can have a job to pay off our debt from it. I feel that has to be a better way.