Meet One of Our Newest Members, Kaiyla!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

The Basics

Name: Kaiyla Manley

Hometown: The Bronx

Year:  Sophmore 

Major: Fashion Merchandising

Zodiac Sign: Aries

The Favorites

Favorite film: At the moment it would have to be Beasts of No Nation but, of all time Training Day. 

Favorite food: Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Collard Greens, Fried Chicken .. basically any soul food dish. 

Favorite song at the moment: Any Tori Kelly song .. I am currently obsessed with her. 

Favorite color: Pink and green

Favorite TV Show: Because Netfilix is literally my life, I binge watch Criminal Minds, Nikita, House and Law and Order: SVU. 

Favorite place to visit in Buffalo: Panos and Jims Steakout. 

Favorite animal: Jaguar

The Interesting Facts

Fun fact: I have never broken or fractured any bone in my body. When I was little I always wanted to have a cast or crutches because all my friends did at one point. 

Hobbies: Shopping, watching youtube beauty and fashion videos all day, listening to music, browsing fashion blogs, and more shopping! 

If you could switch places with anybody for a week, who would it be and why: It would have to be Olivia Pope. She is so powerful and inspiring not only as a African American woman but as a human being. I would love to take charge and tell people what to do just because I am that go to girl. 

Celebrity Crush: Chris Brown and Jessie Williams

Guilty Pleasure: spending hours upon hours watch beauty and fashion videos on youtube. 

If you were stuck on a desert island for a week and could only have three things with you, what would they be? Water filter, sunscreen, and a book on how to survive on an island 

Describe yourself in three words: fun, chill and driven

Relationship Status: It’s Complicated 

What are your aspirations? To inspire people to be the best person they can be and to live life without worries. Do everything to make you happy and don’t look back. 

Quote to live by: “No matter how you feel, get dressed and show up.” – Regina Brett

We are all so glad to have Kaiyla apart of the team! 

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.