How to Have Fun In This Winter Wonderland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

As student’s in Buffalo we are not unfamiliar with snow but for many of us that aren’t originally from Buffalo, witnessing this past week of non stop snow has been insane. It seems like we go to sleep and wakeup to snow. For most of you this snow is probably hindering you or discouraging you from getting out of your homes or off campus but I’m going to give you a few tips on how to survive this awful weather.

It’s obviously a hazard to have to travel anywhere far if it’s snowing or there’s snow on the ground and it is cold outside. If you live on campus the easiest thing for you to do is make some kind of game night, movie night, dinner night with your friends and plan whose house/dorm you want it to be at and just hangout at their place/on campus for the night. It may not be as extravagant as you’d like but all you need is a good group of friends to hangout with to have a good time in all honesty. You’ll save money and still have fun.

http://favim.com/image/608800/

If you’re feeling nostalgic what better thing to do in the snow than to have a snow ball fight or even man hunt? Make it something big and eventful like your dorm verses another, your floor verses another (be creative). If you’re not one for very physical fun than have a snowman building contest or a snow angel making contest and see who has the best skills.

http://favim.com/image/2412434/

If you’re not one for staying in or playing outdoors you can always do what we’ve all done a few times and be as they say “about that life” and catch a cab and travel where ever you want and enjoy a night out with friends.

Always keep in mind that you don’t have to stay inside by yourself and watch movies and TV shows online because the weather sucks (although it can be fun). You  have other options and other ways to have fun, just be creative and plan it out!

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.