A Big City Kid’s 1st Walmart Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

I will never forget my first experience in a Super Walmart. It was located on Transit Road in Depew, NY, just 25 minutes away from my college dorm and about 8 hours away from my home in Brooklyn. It was my first year in college and my parents actually made the journey with me to Buffalo to see me there safely. Who knew one place could have so many departments? Who knew under one roof one could find everything?! From electronics to fresh fruits and vegetables to deli options to aisles and aisles of groceries. Clothing, accessories, DVDs, bedspreads, pharmacy!!! Everything was there! It was one of the most significant experiences in my life. And now collegiettes if you ever need to find something at a low affordable price I will say one word…Walmart!

Sherrell Gaillard is a senior Media Production/Journalism dual major at SUNY Buffalo State College. She is from Brooklyn NY and she loves to set her hands on anything creative and inspiring. Her likes include but not limited to reading, photography and writing to her novels on her spare time.