8 Struggles We All Had During the First Week of School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

It isn’t the first week of school unless you struggle at least once. Here are just a few things many of us may have stuggle with those first days back on campus. 

1. Your professor assigns homework on the first day

2.  Buying all of your books in advance only to have your professors say you won’t be using them that much. 

3. Checking your email every second because you’re still wait-listed for that class you need to graduate and Add/Drop week is about to end. 

So you go to your professor, begging and pleading for them to take you in. 

4. Realizing your crush doesn’t go to your school anymore because they were a study abroad student and only there for the spring. 

5. Seeing that person you hooked up with over the summer and not knowing whether to ignore them or say hi

6. Having stomach problems because your body has to re-adjust to the food 

7. Being late to class because you sat in the wrong one for fifteen minutes 

8. Having to introduce yourself and say your name, major, and year at least four times that week 

Alexandra Whitehead is a Senior at SUNY at Buffalo State. Originally from Virginia, she is majoring in Fashion Textile and Techonology with a concentration in Merchandising. She also has a minor in Theatre. Alexandra is a big advocate for the arts, taking great pleasure in literature, performing, and media arts. She also loves traveling and experiencing new things. In the Fall of 2014, she had the great opportunity to study abroad in London at Regents University. It was an amazing experience that taught her so much about herself and the different cultures around her. When she graduates, Alexandra aspires to be a film/television actress, owner of a eco-friendly fashion boutique, and owner of an animal rescue that saves feral cats and kittens from the streets.