5 Tips to Survive Finals Week and Prepare For Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

As we know, the end of the semester is almost here. It’s time to get ready for finals and prepare for winter break. As you’re getting ready for finals and your break here’s a few tips to get you through the insanity of finals week.

1. Sleep: Make sure you rack up as much hours of sleep as you possibly can. It’s hard to focus on an exam if you’re tired and haven’t gotten enough sleep.

2. Study: Give yourself a set time frame that you can focus studying for your exams in. It’s better to study a week or two before your exams because pulling those all-nighters really aren’t that good for you. So make sure you hit the library and STUDY STUDY STUDY!

3. Eat: A full stomach makes for a happy and productive brain. Make sure you have your 3 healthy meals and 3 snacks through the day to stay at your tip top shape.

4. Be Prepared: Make sure all your work has been handed in and any loose ends you have to deal with are tied up so you can be ready to take your finals and leave for break stress and worry free!

5. Down Time: Of course it is always good to put in a lot of work in to your studies but make sure you have so time set for you to just relax. Hangout with your friends, go out somewhere, go see a movie…do anything that you find good for relaxing and relieving stress!

Good luck on your finals and enjoy your break from all of us here at Her Campus Suny Buff State.

Image found at http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/ItsMeexD/media/Finals.jpg.html

Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.