Your Semester, As Told By Amy Schumer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

So you’re officially into the semester now…and things are getting real. Don’t worry, Amy understands just what you’re going through!

You start out your semester and you just know you’re going to conquer the world.

You’ve spent the summer re-vamping your look and you know you’re going to rock Comm Ave

But it’s not long before your motivation to work out depletes

And suddenly makeup is taking much too long

You’ve been working hard, so you decide what you need is a good night out

You pretend that every hour is happy hour

You take an unfortunate amount of snapchats

And you realize you posted them as your story

You decide staying in is your thing anyway

It’s getting later in the semester and things start to get real

You realize that you have 5 papers, 4 exams, and a project all due in the next week

You try to pretend you’re totally fine

But in reality you’re falling apart at the seams

Your friends tell you it’s totally fine not to go out

And you go out anyway

You have to get real with yourself

But your favorite nights are spent like

Your professor tells you that you have to do the readings to get a good grade in the class

It’s time for finals

You’re in Mugar like

Your dinner starts to look more like

You expect to end finals likeBut the reality is more like

And you know you’re still going to do it all again next semester

I'm a Film and Television major in the college of Communications with a minor in Women's Studies at Boston University. I'm from Louisville, Kentucky. Find me on Instagram: @taylormedford_19
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis