Your New Drunk Munchy Spot: Falafel Corner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I love Domino’s cheesy bread as much as the next person (it is, after all, my secret obsession), but sometimes after a late night out I want something a little less…generic. Luckily in the great city of Boston there are a ton of great late-night delivery places, but for me on the nights where I don’t feel like hitting up Tamer via the online Domino’s delivery tracking site, I hit up my old friend Mohamed for some Middle Eastern cuisine from Falafel Corner. 

My love affair with Falafel Corner started about half a year ago.  I was stuck on the opposite side of town from Warren Towers and in need of a ride home.  It was late and I didn’t want to pay for a cab or take the T, so I called my old friend Mohamed to come pick me up.  When he picked me up I noticed a new feature on his car: a Falafel Corner car top sign.  As it turns out, he had taken a break from delivering falafel to pick me up.  Since I had never eaten falafel, much less delivered it before, I decided to stick around with him.  I decided to be co-deliveryman for the night.

Since that fateful night, I have been a regular customer at Falafel Corner, and have managed to befriend most of the inviting employees.  The menu features a variety of food from Falafel wraps to Chicken Shawarma.

I know that sometimes on the weekend, after a night of fun, delivery seems like the best option, and hopping on the T to take a ride to Harvard Square (which is where Falafel Corner is located) seems undesirable.  I recommend making a personal trip to Falafel Corner at least once, though.  The workers are friendly, and always have something interesting to talk about.  Seating is located at the basement of the building, and on the weekends it fills up pretty fast with college students ending their night with a hearty, Halal meal.  Falafel Corner is a reasonably priced, delicious, more satisfying substitute for Domino’s or McDonalds.  I recommend trying something new next time you find yourself in need of drunk food. Try Falafel Corner.

Falafel Corner is located in Harvard Square at 8 ½ Eliot Street.  They deliver until 3 a.m. Monday-Saturday.

*Photo curtosey of Phoenix Magazine

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.