What You Need to Do Before the End of the Semester!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you are a student at Boston University then you are probably looking forward to the end of winter and for spring to come! Finally there will be no more snow on the ground or wind blowing you onto Comm Ave.! Soon we will be able to feel the warmth of the sun’s rays, see flowers blossoming, and smell the scent of spring! Campus in the spring is mesmerizing, but before spring quickly becomes summer and school is out (a thrilling thought, I know), make sure to enjoy your spring semester while you can and check out these ideas for how to spend your free time this spring!

Lunch, anyone? How about our very own Campus Trolley?

Boston is known for its plethora of food trucks, but the Campus Trolley is unique to our campus, as it is permanent at its location at the corner of Comm Ave. and Granby Street. Since its opening in 1988, the Campus Trolley has been tending to the needs of students, professors and visitors who need a quick, but tasty meal to-go. The red trolley may be quaint, but it brags about being the only place on campus where one can find Lebanese food. Fortunately for us college students, Lebanese food is as healthy as fast food can possibly be. It is usually low on fat and has a high content of vegetables and grains, such as tabouleh and falafel. Like many places on campus, the Trolley is vegetarian friendly! Some Campus Trolley favorites include the Kafta (ground beef) wrap or the Greek chicken wrap, and if you’re craving a salad, try the feta salad!

*Campus Trolley, at the corner of Granby Street and Commonwealth Avenue, is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday. Cash only.

Exhausted? Need some color? Go to the BU Beach!        

Once the warm weather decides to visit our campus, head over to the infamous BU Beach and enjoy the great outdoors.  Whether you want to leave your worries behind and nap, tan to get some color, or just listen to music, the BU Beach is the perfect place to go. “Don’t forget your sunglasses, a towel or blanket, and some music to set the mood! I can’t wait to do that again,” said Stacy Liberopoulos (COM ‘13). The cars driving by and the flow of the Charles River provide the perfect beach-feel for any relaxing activities.                    

We have a lazy river on campus?              

Yes! For those who are clueless about one of BU’s best amenities, FitRec has an indoor lazy river! You can find it in the fitness center’s recreational pool area, which also happens to include a hot tub and water basketball area. How awesome, right? “Last semester me and my friend grabbed a floatie and relaxed in the lazy river during finals week. Gotta do it again!” said Emma Perez (CAS ‘16). If you ever feel stressed, tense, or a little bit lazy, forget your dorm bed and take a lap around the lazy river.

Love Boston? Look at the stars!

BU Terriers don’t only shoot for the stars, but we look at them too. The Judson B. Coit Observatory is accessible to all Boston University Students and open to the public on Wednesday nights (in case other Bostonians wants to stop by). Head over to the top of the College of Arts and Sciences building, home to the observatory, and gaze up at the stars. Maybe those of you with sweethearts can take that special person on a romantic date to look at the city skyline. And those of you, like me, who call friends your special people, go on a unique bonding date!

So, before summer begins and school is out, enjoy all that our gorgeous campus has to offer! 

Freshman at Boston University from Miami, FL. I pretty much love everything, especially food and shoes...and traveling, so yeah everything!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.