What Would Blair Waldorf Do?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you are like me, you are still mourning the end of Gossip Girl long after the sixth season has ended. However, even though the Queen of the Upper East Side has ended her reign, we can still learn many important lessons from Blair Waldorf. Although Queen B never ventured out of her kingdom of Manhattan, we can still imagine how she would have ruled Comm Ave. 

Confidence is key.

Blair maintained her Queen B status for so long because she never doubted herself or her abilities. When Blair entered a room, she immediately made her presence known and she demanded everyone’s attention. Now, I am not suggesting you stand in front of your 200 person lecture until all eyes are on you, but we should all keep Blair’s confidence in mind to avoid being just another face in the crowd. Always be confident in yourself– it is the first step in getting others to be confident in you

“You can’t make people love you, but you can make them fear you.” – Blair Waldorf

To be a queen, you must dress like a queen.

Throughout the six seasons of Gossip Girl, Blair established herself as the undisputed-ruler of Upper East Side fashion. Because most Collegeitte’s are on a tight budget, it would be nearly impossible for everyone to contrive a wardrobe as great as B’s. However, it is possible to embody Blair’s style by looking polished and professional. As tempting as it is to roll out of bed and throw on sweatpants, you will undoubtedly feel more confident and powerful if you take even fifteen extra minutes to get ready in the morning. While appearance is not everything, it is undeniable that the first thing people notice about you is how you dress. So forgo the yoga pants, throw on your favorite jeans, and seize the day in a Blair-like fashion. 

“Whoever said that money doesn’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop” 

Keep calm, cool, and collected.

Although Blair is notorious for her temper tantrums, she was pretty good at not making a scene in the public-eye. Sure, we all need to blow off steam once in a while; however, Blair would never lose her cool in front of a Professor. If you receive a grade that seems unfair (or absolutely ridiculous), do what Blair would do: keep calm and quietly plan an intense revenge scheme, or learn from your failure and simply study harder in the future. 

“If you really want something, you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.” -Blair Waldof

Never Give Up.

We have seen Blair battle backstabbers, revenge-seeking exes, an eating disorder, and countless other hardships. Despite her obstacles, she never gave up on her dreams of success, happiness, and love. The most important lesson we can learn from Queen B is to be resilient in any situation. Whenever things seem hopeless, throw on another coat of lipgloss and keep your chin up. 

“Have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.”

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.