Top 5 Most Exciting Book Releases Coming Out in the Next Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Some of my favorite authors have books coming out within the next year and at this point, I’m struggling to contain my excitement. If you’re looking for a little escapism and something exciting to look forward to, check out these books when they get released!

Malibu by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Taylor Jenkins Reid wrote my favorite book of all time, Daisy Jones and the Six, so to say I’m excited for this one would be a bit of an understatement. This novel follows the family of a mysterious and misunderstood character we got to meet in both Daisy Jones and the Six and The Seven Husband of Evelyn Hugo, Reid’s prior works. Reid is known for her complex character relationships, which I believe will likely be evident in this family drama taking place in the 1980s. Unfortunately, we have to wait for what feels like forever for this book to be released because it doesn’t come out until May 2021, but I guess that just gives us something to look forward to.

Second First Impressions by Sally Thorne

Sally Thorne’s writing style is like a classic rom-com movie. All of her books thus far have been sweet, heartwarming, and only a little cheesy. All of Sally Thorne’s books have had classic and swoon-worthy romance tropes that quickly make these books a favorite amongst romance readers. This one comes out in April 2021, making it Thorne’s first release in over two years.

Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert

One of the top 10 books that I’ve read in 2020 so far has been Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert. It is an adorable romance novel that follows an introverted 20-something with a chronic illness as she decides to truly live her life and gain new experiences while falling in love along the way. The second book in the series follows Chloe’s sister Dani as she tries to open up to the possibility of love. This third book coming out in March 2021 will follow their other sister on her journey. Talia Hibbert’s dedication to writing realistic, snarky, and diverse characters gives each one of her books an authenticity unparalleled by other authors in the genre. I would highly recommend checking out one of her books if you have not already. 

Crazy Stupid Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams

Finding a man who reads romance novels is my ultimate dream, so the men in the Bromance Book Club series never fail to tug at my heartstrings. This series follows a group of men, as they try to understand the women in their life better by being vulnerable with one another through discussing romance novels. That is just a recipe for the perfect books for me! The wait for this one is almost over! Check it out on October 27, 2020.

A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Sarah J. Maas is known for writing steamy fantasy books with complex worlds and interesting character relationships. One of her most acclaimed works is the A Court Of Thorns And Roses series and this is is the start of a spin-off following a character we met at the beginning of the last series. I’m highly anticipating intense romances and crazy fight scenes that I’ve come to love from Sarah J. Maas. This one will be out on February 16, 2021.

Each of these upcoming releases seems to be just what I need after a crazy 2020. I hope you’ll check some of these out on their release dates!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Hello, I'm Maura! I'm a pre-med junior at Boston University who obsessively reads romance books and watches The Bachelor. Somehow, I turned my her campus articles into my own personal book blog, so I hope you enjoy the bookish content! Let's be friends on goodreads! https://www.goodreads.com/mauradelaney
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.