This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Thousands of girls across the country are experiencing extreme feelings of stress, urgency, and excitement right now. Why? Halloween, of course! 

From trick-or-treating in your childhood neighborhood to dressing up for your first college Halloween party, picking the perfect costume is a tall order. I think most girls can all relate to the hours spent scrolling through Pinterest photos and the discussions with friends about that one group costume that never took off. That’s why, this year especially, I turned to TikTok. 

Whether you’re looking to DIY your outfit or go all out with online shopping, there are so many creative ideas to be found on the “spooky” side of TikTok.

Here are five of the most popular costumes on TikTok this Spooktober:

Fairy

This one is a classic. Although it first became popular during last year’s Halloween season, the fairies are still going strong! It’s also very versatile since you can even turn it into a group costume for you and your friends. So if you’re looking for a simple-but-girly option and nature aesthetics pique your interest, this is the perfect costume for you!

Pirate

This one may seem slightly more basic, but that doesn’t stop it from being fabulous! The pirate aesthetic is all in the details; from the gold jewels to the hair scarves, pulling off this look is simpler than it may seem. You might even find that you already have clothes in your closet that you can throw together for a modern, DIY pirate!

Vector

This one may come as a bit of a surprise, but considering how frequently it has popped up on my For You page, Vector is in this year! There are so many different ways you can attack this look: the funny and even slightly weird or the cute and trendy vibe. All you need is a bright orange jumpsuit and a few simple accessories. If you’re looking for a group costume, gather some friends and pop out as the whole Despicable Me crew!

Goddess

If you’re looking for a last-minute costume, then this is perfect for you! The goddess costume is the easiest to DIY on this list, but the final look doesn’t have to show it. Do a deep dive into the depths of your closet and search for your favorite white pieces. Finish it off with some gold accessories and glitter, and you can look like Miss Aphrodite herself! 

The Wizard of Oz

An oldie but a goodie! The Wizard of Oz is a timeless group costume for your squad to dress up as. Depending on your group size, it can have as many or as few characters as you need, and it will be great for your Halloween pics! Follow the yellow brick road all the way to TikTok for even more inspiration on how to nail this iconic group costume!

Don’t let the last-minute costume countdown stress you out this year. Get creative and have fun with it. TikTok is ready for Spooky Season; now it’s your turn!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Geena Prestia is a junior at BU studying journalism with an Italian minor. She's been a writer for Her Campus since the fall of her sophomore year. She enjoyed writing for HCBU so much that she decided to take on more responsibility as an editor in the spring and is currently an Senior Editor & Writing Director intern! Outside of Her Campus, Geena has always felt empowered in strong female environments and, in the spring of her freshman year, joined the Rho Chapter of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority. As an academic, Geena involves herself in many on-campus clubs to further her journalism experience. She was the multimedia editor the BU's The Daily Free Press, a correspondent and editor for the WTBU radio show, and is currently working as a 2nd-year marketing intern for BU Admissions. Geena also accepted a remote journalism internship for the spring semester, with a NYC based entertainment publication called The Garnette Report. In her free time, Geena loves traveling, writing, spending time with her big Italian family, exploring Boston with her friends, and country concerts! She is also very passionate about the arts and was a competitive singer and dancer from a young age. Geena has only ever had a pet fish but hopes to one day become a bulldog mom!